Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 222
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 18

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2010, 23:33
rishiraj wrote:
Thanks everyone.

dokiyoki wrote:
Congratulations..760 is awesome!
i envy your score of 46 in Verbal :-D

davidbrown wrote:
First up congrats on a great score and best of luck for the apps!

U've mentioned something called SC Grail in your post...also RC 99...haven't really come across these names earlier....can you pls do a brief review of these 2 books

thanks


I second his request..It would also be great if you could share the stuff [SC Grail & RC 99] since many havent heard about it !


Had done a review of these 2 books on a different forum....am copy pasting the same below:

Saw these two books mentioned on a some forum.....did a google search and found a soft copy of the SC Grail on scribd or esnips one of those sites....liked the book a lot so then bought the RC 99 book from their website

SC Grail - this book has 3 sections

1) BAsic grammarreview - gives a brief overview of grammatical concepts such as parts of speech, etc.

2) Error types - pretty much the same errors as found in any other book but explained very crisply in bullet point format

3) More like a dos and dont's - when to use if or whether, when to use will or would, etc.

The best part about this book is that it is very crisp and to the point. At times I found Manhattan SC gets a bit too detailed which is not the case with this book..no complicated grammar concepts.....also the 3rd part is very useful as it summarises pretty much all the traps that are there on the GMAT. Not too mention it has one of the best idiom lists i have come across including correct and incorrect usages examples.....the only thing missing is practice questions which this book doesn't have but it does give you links to OG questions for each concept it explains

RC 99 - One problem that I had with most RC practice passages (including some in the OGs) is that they ask u too many questions; sometimes as many as 5,6,7 questions per passage.....whereas on the GMAT u will most likely only get 3 questions per passage.....I got 3 passages with 3 questions each and 1 passage with 4 questions.....now to answer 6-7 questions one has to read the passage in much more detail than to answer 3-4 questions....so practicing from these passages kind of ruins your strategy....plus there aren't too many good passages available for practice anyway

The best thing I liked about RC 99 book is that it only gives you an average of 3 questions per passage.....at the most some passages have 4 questions....the passages are graded across 3 difficulty levels of 33 passages each and pretty much cover every subject area tested on the GMAT....if u do these 99 passages I don't think u'll need any more practice for RC

Overall I found these 2 books to be very representative of the GMAt and would suggest you guys go through the same.....just do a google search and u'll probably find soft copies somewhere or just pm me

also go through their website - www aristotleprep com. It is a very unimpressive website but has some very useful content for Free download; I specially liked the document on tenses that they had put up which is as detailed a document as any that I have come across

Cheers!



Thanks Rishiraj !
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 138
Schools: Wharton,Insead,LBS,IMD,Kellog,Haas,Duke
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2010, 23:35
excellent score!!!!!!

Monster in verbal!!!!!!!!

congrats and best of luck for your apps..........:P
_________________

Whatever you do, Do it SINCERELY!!!

GOD help those who help themselves....:)

Director
Director
avatar
Status: Apply - Last Chance
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 693
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 15

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2010, 22:31
excellento
_________________

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2010
Posts: 165
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2010, 00:56
congrats !!!! gr8 score..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: GMAT Time...!!!
Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 293
Schools: Chicago,Tuck,Oxford,cambridge
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 7

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2010, 10:16
Congrats man!!great score!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 138
Schools: Wharton,Insead,LBS,IMD,Kellog,Haas,Duke
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2010, 21:01
rishiraj wrote:
Thanks everyone.

dokiyoki wrote:
Congratulations..760 is awesome!
i envy your score of 46 in Verbal :-D

davidbrown wrote:
First up congrats on a great score and best of luck for the apps!

U've mentioned something called SC Grail in your post...also RC 99...haven't really come across these names earlier....can you pls do a brief review of these 2 books

thanks


I second his request..It would also be great if you could share the stuff [SC Grail & RC 99] since many havent heard about it !


Had done a review of these 2 books on a different forum....am copy pasting the same below:

Saw these two books mentioned on a some forum.....did a google search and found a soft copy of the SC Grail on scribd or esnips one of those sites....liked the book a lot so then bought the RC 99 book from their website

SC Grail - this book has 3 sections

1) BAsic grammarreview - gives a brief overview of grammatical concepts such as parts of speech, etc.

2) Error types - pretty much the same errors as found in any other book but explained very crisply in bullet point format

3) More like a dos and dont's - when to use if or whether, when to use will or would, etc.

The best part about this book is that it is very crisp and to the point. At times I found Manhattan SC gets a bit too detailed which is not the case with this book..no complicated grammar concepts.....also the 3rd part is very useful as it summarises pretty much all the traps that are there on the GMAT. Not too mention it has one of the best idiom lists i have come across including correct and incorrect usages examples.....the only thing missing is practice questions which this book doesn't have but it does give you links to OG questions for each concept it explains

RC 99 - One problem that I had with most RC practice passages (including some in the OGs) is that they ask u too many questions; sometimes as many as 5,6,7 questions per passage.....whereas on the GMAT u will most likely only get 3 questions per passage.....I got 3 passages with 3 questions each and 1 passage with 4 questions.....now to answer 6-7 questions one has to read the passage in much more detail than to answer 3-4 questions....so practicing from these passages kind of ruins your strategy....plus there aren't too many good passages available for practice anyway

The best thing I liked about RC 99 book is that it only gives you an average of 3 questions per passage.....at the most some passages have 4 questions....the passages are graded across 3 difficulty levels of 33 passages each and pretty much cover every subject area tested on the GMAT....if u do these 99 passages I don't think u'll need any more practice for RC

Overall I found these 2 books to be very representative of the GMAt and would suggest you guys go through the same.....just do a google search and u'll probably find soft copies somewhere or just pm me

also go through their website - www aristotleprep com. It is a very unimpressive website but has some very useful content for Free download; I specially liked the document on tenses that they had put up which is as detailed a document as any that I have come across

Cheers!


thanks for sending the above two books...

SC Grail and RC 99 rocks ...

+1 for the efforts...:P
_________________

Whatever you do, Do it SINCERELY!!!

GOD help those who help themselves....:)

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Status: Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.
Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Posts: 2794
Location: Malaysia
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2010, 21:17
SC Grill is indeed very good book, I have done 1/2 of it.
_________________

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Freakin' out ain't an option!
Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Posts: 95
Schools: Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 1

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2010, 08:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
gurpreetsingh wrote:
SC Grill is indeed very good book, I have done 1/2 of it.


Thanks man.

Am glad you guys liked the books.

Good luck with ur test!
_________________

My 760 debrief

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 May 2009
Posts: 64
Location: India
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2010, 07:49
Congrats,dude! Thanks for referring these material- SC Grail and RC99 .I was desperately looking for practice material for RC .Really helpful!
_________________

It's a dawg eat dawg world!

Moderator
Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 290
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 06:48
[/quote]

thanks for sending the above two books...

SC Grail and RC 99 rocks ...

+1 for the efforts...:P[/quote]




+ 1....SC Grail is awesome :good ....haven't gone through the RC book yet
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did beat the GMAT [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 20:54
congrats buddy... awesome score.!!
good luck for your applications.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 126
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 4

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2010, 23:11
congrats dude,
all the best for your applications.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 38
Location: Pune, India
Schools: ISB
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2010, 00:01
gr8 score
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2009
Posts: 38
Location: Pune, India
Schools: ISB
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2010, 00:02
thanks for this post
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 8

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2010, 02:22
great Shot!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Freakin' out ain't an option!
Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Posts: 95
Schools: Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 1

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 08:41
ahsanmalik12 wrote:
great Shot!


Thanks guys!
_________________

My 760 debrief

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 May 2009
Posts: 64
Location: India
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2010, 22:49
With this great score,which all schools are you targetting ? I'm sure that they'd let you in at most schools
_________________

It's a dawg eat dawg world!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Freakin' out ain't an option!
Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Posts: 95
Schools: Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 42 [1] , given: 1

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 08:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
target2010 wrote:
With this great score,which all schools are you targetting ? I'm sure that they'd let you in at most schools


Its not that easy buddy.

Targeting INSEAD, London Business School, Chicago, Columbia and Kellogg
_________________

My 760 debrief

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Posts: 333
Location: USA
WE 1: Engineering
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 0

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 08:52
rishiraj wrote:
target2010 wrote:
With this great score,which all schools are you targetting ? I'm sure that they'd let you in at most schools[/quote

Its not that easy buddy.

Targeting INSEAD, London Business School, Chicago, Columbia and Kellogg


B school application is much more than the GMAT score !

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

All things are possible to those who believe.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 31
Location: Nigeria
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 21:43
Wow, I got hammered on my first GMAT prep yesterday, I missed a majority of my RC questions. You are most definitely right about how different the RC passages are from the ones in OG . GMAT RCs are not harder though but your strategy is hurt when you are used to answering 6 to 7 plus questions per passage. I couldn't agree more with you, this RC99 material is a Godsend! Thank you
_________________

Kudos if you like my post, thanks

Re: 760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2010, 21:43
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
8 2 months in the GMAT Cave = 530 to 750! (Q48/V46/6.0) extrapages 40 07 Nov 2010, 18:01
1 GMAT 760 (Q48, V46) Debrief pdbpulley 4 25 Jan 2010, 10:26
5 Finally done with the GMAT! - 760 (Q-48 V -46) rsrinivasan 6 07 Apr 2008, 12:44
760 (q 48, v 46) dsuryan 3 01 Sep 2007, 19:52
760 (q48, v46) -- 99%ile drucker_fan 18 26 Dec 2006, 22:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

760 (Q-48/V-46) - Think I did the GMAT

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 86 posts ] 

Moderators: TGC, m3equals333



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.