Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 09:02

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
3 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: Wharton
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 97 [3] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2008, 16:00
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Just got back from Pearson VUE and am happy to report a successful test taking experience. Thank you, everyone on GMAT Club for making this possible! Here's a quick postmortem.

Q50 (94%)
V44 (97%)
770 (99%)
----------------------------------------------
Study Material (in vague order of usefulness)
1. GMATPrep (indispensable)
2. GMAT Club forum posts (indispensable) -- 90% of my practice questions were from the forum
3. All MGMAT prep books (good for Quant review and SC; didn't open CR and RC)
4. OG11, OG Verbal, OG Quant (good for practice, but questions are easier than on the real thing)
5. Powerscore CR Bible (read through the whole thing, but a little too wordy for my taste)
6. GMAT Club tests (good for learning tricks; bad for pacing -- i finished many tests w/ a lot of time to spare)
7. MGMAT CATs (Quant is tougher; Verbal is completely useless, maybe even detrimental to performance)
8. Kaplan GMAT 800 (barely opened this)
9. Princeton Review Cracking the GMAT (never even opened this)

If I had to do this over again, I would use GMATPrep, GMAT Club forum, MGMAT Quant and SC books, Powerscore CR Bible, OG problems, and GMAT Club tests (http://www.gmatclub.com/wiki/tests). As you can see from my practice test performances, I did not really improve my scores at all, which I'm a little disappointed by (more because I stressed for a month and spent a bunch of money on books). However, I definitely went into the test feeling prepared and confident. If I had taken the exam a month ago, I would've felt like I was shortchanging myself.

Tips for everyone:
Do not rely on anything but GMATPrep for live CAT practice. I really believe MGMAT verbal sections are crap and can really throw you off your game.

Tips for those looking to improve to 700+
  1. Focus on quant basics (equations/inequalities, number properties, geometry, fractions/decimals/percents). Forget about probability, combinations/permutations, work problems, mixtures, etc...These questions only really affect 49-51 Quant people. Otherwise you're trying to run before you can walk.
  2. Focus on RC and SC. I am of the opinion that everyone should get every RC right. There's no excuse not to -- it's like not doing well on an open book test. The answers are right in front of you. With SC, there are very clear rules that you can follow to do well -- use the MGMAT SC guide!
  3. CR is much harder to improve, in my opinion, as these questions test whether you can think logically. That's something that is difficult to drastically change in a 2-3 months. In any case, Powerscore Bible will be most helpful.

Tips for 700 scorers looking for 750+
  1. If you're regularly scoring 47/48 on Quant, then it's time to start practicing/learning the harder problems. MGMAT Word Translation guide will give you everything you need to be successful.
  2. Do every quant problem that is posted on GMAT Club. Some of them are tougher than the ones you will see on GMAT, so it will really help you improve your score. Note the high quant scorers' answers (walker, durgesh, x2suresh to name a few) and really understand how they approach problems. Most of the time, elite quant people think differently than the average person. You need to think like they do!
  3. SC - You need to sleep with/on/next to MGMAT SC Bible. But don't just read it. Write in Standard Written English! This will also be good practice for AWAs. I always found SC to be easy because I've always been a grammar nazi. You need to make proper grammar part of you, not just something you happen to learn for a test.
  4. RC - Read everything you can get your hands on. WSJ, Economist, etc. My method is that I do not move on to the next sentence if I don't understand what that sentence's message is. I don't move on to the next paragraph if I don't understand what that paragraph's message is. I don't move on to questions if I can't figure out the point/message of the passage. Do this with everything you read.
  5. CR - Powerscore Bible + forum question practice or take a logic class at your local community college/extension school. Again, toughest area to improve on.
Practice test scores:
GMATPrep 1 (late July, hadn't started studying yet): Q50/V44 -- 770
GMATPrep 1 (re-take 1): Q50/V45 -- 770
GMATPrep 1: (re-take 2): Q51/V47 -- 780
GMATPrep 2: Q50/V42 -- 760

MGMAT CAT 1: Q48
MGMAT CAT 2: Q48/V38 -- 710
MGMAT CAT 3: Q47/V44 -- 740
MGMAT CAT 4: Q49/V39 -- 720

GMAT Club Tests:
Test Correct Total % Correct Mean time msec Percentile
m01 32 37 86.5% 1m 55s 11505 96.3%
m02 34 37 91.9% 1m 35s 9535 97.8%
m03 32 37 86.5% 1m 55s 11588 92.5%
m04 33 37 89.2% 1m 48s 10845 98.7%
m05 31 37 83.8% 1m 59s 11988 94.7%
m06 31 36 86.1% 1m 59s 11990 93.1%
m07 31 37 83.8% 1m 45s 10524 90.5%
m08 28 37 75.7% 1m 49s 10933 86.4%
m09 29 37 78.4% 1m 20s 8033 92.6%
m10 31 37 83.8% 1m 43s 10353 94.6%
m11 30 37 81.1% 1m 25s 8551 83.3%
m12 32 37 86.5% 1m 46s 10688 93.3%
m13 31 37 83.8% 1m 38s 9872 92.0%
m14 33 37 89.2% 1m 38s 9811 100.0%
m23 36 37 97.3% 1m 40s 10081 100.0%
m24 31 37 83.8% 1m 22s 8249 93.3%
v01 33 41 80.5% 1m 24s 8403 95.5%
v02 32 41 78.0% 0m 00s 11 87.8%
v03 37 41 90.2% 1m 06s 6667 100.0%
v04 33 41 80.5% 1m 14s 7458 83.3%
v05 37 41 90.2% 1m 15s 7531 100.0%
Test Day
I scheduled my exam for 12:15, since I am not a morning person. The night before, I prepared everything I needed (IDs, bag w/ food and caffeine for breaks) so all I would have to worry about today was rolling out of bed and finding the test center.

7-11PM night before: Re-read MGMAT math books and SC books to see if I had missed any tricks that I could use; Ate 2 high-carb dinners to make sure I would have plenty of energy today
11PM night before: Went to bed early to make sure I had a good amount of sleep.

7AM: Woke up feeling very nervous; tried to sleep for another hour
8AM: Started re-reading Powerscore CR Bible
9AM: Read Chineseburned's AWA guide: 1-t64327?hilit=chineseburned
10AM: Relaxed, watched some stimulating/comedic TV (Real Time with Bill Maher) to get my mind working a little bit. I purposely did not do any practice problems, because I did not want to psych myself out if I got a few wrong.
11AM: Took the subway to the test center
11:30: Arrived at Pearson VUE

I should have visited the test center site before taking the test, as studies have shown that familiarity enhances test performance (I was briefly a psych major in college). I was completely thrown off by the layout and procedures of the test center, but more on that later. I was given a policy form to read, but I don't really remember what it said. After having my fingerprint scanned and my photo taken, I was handed ear plugs and allowed to start the test early. This was something I was half-expecting, but there were a lot of people from the morning appt still taking the exam. I'm not sure that they appreciated the afternoon group coming in one-by-one and disturbing everyone.

AWA
AWA was tough, and I regret not preparing for it at all beyond reading Chineseburned's post this morning. I write very well in general, but I'm not sure my arguments made a ton of sense, because 30 minutes is not a lot of time to write a well-thought out essay. I bet that my AWA will be read 5-6 by the e-rater and 4-5 by the professional reader. Overall, I really liked that AWA was first, because it allowed me to warm up my brain w/o feeling a whole lot of pressure to get things completely right.

I took my 10 minute break, and this is where I was a bit thrown off. You have to raise your hand to be allowed out. Then they scan your fingerprint as you leave and as you re-enter. These procedures shave ~1 min off your break time (10% of your time!), which annoyed me a little bit. I went to the bathroom, drank some water, and ate a granola bar. Apparently 10 minutes goes by fast, because I barely made it back to my station before the 10 minutes expired.

Quant
Quant was much, much easier than I expected. There were a lot of basic, straightforward problems, which totally freaked me out during the exam. I thought I must either have bombed earlier questions or was missing some of the tricks. There were definitely some very tough questions interspersed, but there were maybe 4 or 5 that took me longer than 2 min. Because I was worried I was missing something, I started doing every problem twice before moving on (starting at about question 10). This was a bit of a mistake, as I realized I was maybe 7 min behind pace when I got to question 25. Luckily, the next few questions were quick DSs that I could answer within 30 sec. I ended up finishing the test with about 4 min left. I really thought I bombed the Quant, so I was not too pleased with myself. This just goes to show that you cannot figure out how well you did, so there is no point in canceling your scores unless something major happens.

Took my break again and chugged a bottle of starbucks frappucino for caffeine. That was a big mistake, as I needed to pee about halfway into verbal.

Verbal
This is my weak spot (or so I thought), and I was worried by the low verbal score thread, but I told myself I had to make up ground for my low quant score. Things here went more smoothly. My pacing was perfect, as I finished with about 2 min remaining. I actually thought I had a chance at 46+ verbal, but I guess a few of the tougher CRs and SCs got me.

Aftermath
I was annoyed that the computer took you through all the personal questions you were required to submit when you registered to take the test. I wanted my score! Finally got there and was foiled by the cancel score prompt. I kept trying to hit next, but it kept telling me I needed to tell it whether I wanted to cancel my scores. I was so flustered and nervous at this point that I didn't notice until 3 or 4 attempts. Finally, I figured it out and hit next. Longest 15 sec of my life while it graded. It spit out my score, and I had to restrain myself from celebrating in the test room. I took my score printout and left the center so happy and distracted that I forgot that I really needed to pee :-)

Last edited by zonk on 30 Aug 2008, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2008, 16:26
What an awesome score. Congratulations! :-D
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 99

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2008, 18:31
zoinnk,
Great score and a great post. Congrats and thanks a lot for the tips and material details.

Good luck with application process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 1

Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2008, 21:03
Well done , great score !!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2008, 04:25
Congratulations for your score. I have a question for you: are MGMAT "Geometry" and "Equations, inequalities and VIC's" books usefull? I intend to buy these books. Thank you and good luck
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2008, 05:08
vbalex wrote:
Congratulations for your score. I have a question for you: are MGMAT "Geometry" and "Equations, inequalities and VIC's" books usefull? I intend to buy these books. Thank you and good luck

These books serve as refreshers and reinforcers of the basic concepts you will need to solve any problem on the GMAT. For me, they were helpful because I hadn't done any of this stuff since high school, so the books were helpful in allowing me to know that I did not have any basic holes in my knowledge. In addition, for some people, the strategies given in the book may help them solve some of the more difficult (say 600-700 level) questions. In the end, though, your ability to solve harder questions depends more on how you apply the rules outlined in the book rather than simply knowing these rules.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: INSEAD Dec'10
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2008, 08:11
zoinnk wrote:
7. MGMAT CATs (Quant is tougher; Verbal is completely useless, maybe even detrimental to performance)

This does not sound good, as I rely much on MGMAT CATs. What do you think, is the OG, plus OG Verbal enough for practice on Verbal?

And a question to those familiar with Kaplan - is the Verbal on Kaplan CATs any good? What about Kaplan 800?

http://applicant.wordpress.com/

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2008, 06:45
great score - congrats buddy

My GMAT debrief

SVP
SVP
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 439 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2008, 13:52
You deserve it!!!!

Thats Awsome!!!!Score.. Congratulations!!!

Your attitude determines your altitude
Smiling wins more friends than frowning

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2008, 03:17
Nerdboy wrote:
zoinnk wrote:

This does not sound good, as I rely much on MGMAT CATs. What do you think, is the OG, plus OG Verbal enough for practice on Verbal?

And a question to those familiar with Kaplan - is the Verbal on Kaplan CATs any good? What about Kaplan 800?

Stick to OG11 and OG Verbal, in my opinion. SC guide is good to teach you what you need to know, but the problems are not written in the same style as actual GMAT problems are written.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tepper '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2008, 12:42
Wow you got the exact same score on your first gmatprep without even studying.

You did a great job, but your study notes are nearly meaningless, you probably would get 770 while studying ESPN Sportcenter
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2008, 04:00
Got my official score report today. 6.0 on AWA. That was a relief, since I thought I hadn't done so well.
Director
Director
WE 1: Investment Banking - 6yrs

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 92

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2008, 05:33
Awesome! Congrats..
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2008, 07:14
Congrats...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2008, 15:45
Many many congrats, I have one question though...

How do people score 770 on gmatprep on the first day of their studies :roll:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2008, 08:16
zoinnk wrote:
Just got back from Pearson VUE and am happy to report a successful test taking experience. Thank you, everyone on GMAT Club for making this possible! Here's a quick postmortem.

Q50 (94%)
V44 (97%)
770 (99%)
Study Material (in vague order of usefulness)
1. GMATPrep (indispensable)
2. GMAT Club forum posts (indispensable) -- 90% of my practice questions were from the forum
3. All MGMAT prep books (good for Quant review and SC; didn't open CR and RC)
4. OG11, OG Verbal, OG Quant (good for practice, but questions are easier than on the real thing)
5. Powerscore CR Bible (read through the whole thing, but a little too wordy for my taste)
6. GMAT Club tests (good for learning tricks; bad for pacing -- i finished many tests w/ a lot of time to spare)
8. Kaplan GMAT 800 (barely opened this)
9. Princeton Review Cracking the GMAT (never even opened this)

If I had to do this over again, I would use GMATPrep, GMAT Club forum, MGMAT Quant and SC books, Powerscore CR Bible, OG problems, and GMAT Club tests (http://www.gmatclub.com/wiki/tests). As you can see from my practice test performances, I did not really improve my scores at all, which I'm a little disappointed by (more because I stressed for a month and spent a bunch of money on books). However, I definitely went into the test feeling prepared and confident. If I had taken the exam a month ago, I would've felt like I was shortchanging myself.

Tips for everyone:
Do not rely on anything but GMATPrep for live CAT practice. I really believe MGMAT verbal sections are crap and can really throw you off your game.

Tips for those looking to improve to 700+
  1. Focus on quant basics (equations/inequalities, number properties, geometry, fractions/decimals/percents). Forget about probability, combinations/permutations, work problems, mixtures, etc...These questions only really affect 49-51 Quant people. Otherwise you're trying to run before you can walk.
  2. Focus on RC and SC. I am of the opinion that everyone should get every RC right. There's no excuse not to -- it's like not doing well on an open book test. The answers are right in front of you. With SC, there are very clear rules that you can follow to do well -- use the MGMAT SC guide!
  3. CR is much harder to improve, in my opinion, as these questions test whether you can think logically. That's something that is difficult to drastically change in a 2-3 months. In any case, Powerscore Bible will be most helpful.

Tips for 700 scorers looking for 750+
  1. If you're regularly scoring 47/48 on Quant, then it's time to start practicing/learning the harder problems. MGMAT Word Translation guide will give you everything you need to be successful.
  2. Do every quant problem that is posted on GMAT Club. Some of them are tougher than the ones you will see on GMAT, so it will really help you improve your score. Note the high quant scorers' answers (walker, durgesh, x2suresh to name a few) and really understand how they approach problems. Most of the time, elite quant people think differently than the average person. You need to think like they do!
  3. SC - You need to sleep with/on/next to MGMAT SC Bible. But don't just read it. Write in Standard Written English! This will also be good practice for AWAs. I always found SC to be easy because I've always been a grammar nazi. You need to make proper grammar part of you, not just something you happen to learn for a test.
  4. RC - Read everything you can get your hands on. WSJ, Economist, etc. My method is that I do not move on to the next sentence if I don't understand what that sentence's message is. I don't move on to the next paragraph if I don't understand what that paragraph's message is. I don't move on to questions if I can't figure out the point/message of the passage. Do this with everything you read.
  5. CR - Powerscore Bible + forum question practice or take a logic class at your local community college/extension school. Again, toughest area to improve on.
Practice test scores:
GMATPrep 1 (late July, hadn't started studying yet): Q50/V44 -- 770
GMATPrep 1 (re-take 1): Q50/V45 -- 770
GMATPrep 1: (re-take 2): Q51/V47 -- 780
GMATPrep 2: Q50/V42 -- 760

MGMAT CAT 1: Q48
MGMAT CAT 2: Q48/V38 -- 710
MGMAT CAT 3: Q47/V44 -- 740
MGMAT CAT 4: Q49/V39 -- 720

GMAT Club Tests:
Test Correct Total % Correct Mean time msec Percentile
m01 32 37 86.5% 1m 55s 11505 96.3%
m02 34 37 91.9% 1m 35s 9535 97.8%
m03 32 37 86.5% 1m 55s 11588 92.5%
m04 33 37 89.2% 1m 48s 10845 98.7%
m05 31 37 83.8% 1m 59s 11988 94.7%
m06 31 36 86.1% 1m 59s 11990 93.1%
m07 31 37 83.8% 1m 45s 10524 90.5%
m08 28 37 75.7% 1m 49s 10933 86.4%
m09 29 37 78.4% 1m 20s 8033 92.6%
m10 31 37 83.8% 1m 43s 10353 94.6%
m11 30 37 81.1% 1m 25s 8551 83.3%
m12 32 37 86.5% 1m 46s 10688 93.3%
m13 31 37 83.8% 1m 38s 9872 92.0%
m14 33 37 89.2% 1m 38s 9811 100.0%
m23 36 37 97.3% 1m 40s 10081 100.0%
m24 31 37 83.8% 1m 22s 8249 93.3%
v01 33 41 80.5% 1m 24s 8403 95.5%
v02 32 41 78.0% 0m 00s 11 87.8%
v03 37 41 90.2% 1m 06s 6667 100.0%
v04 33 41 80.5% 1m 14s 7458 83.3%
v05 37 41 90.2% 1m 15s 7531 100.0%
Test Day
I scheduled my exam for 12:15, since I am not a morning person. The night before, I prepared everything I needed (IDs, bag w/ food and caffeine for breaks) so all I would have to worry about today was rolling out of bed and finding the test center.

7-11PM night before: Re-read MGMAT math books and SC books to see if I had missed any tricks that I could use; Ate 2 high-carb dinners to make sure I would have plenty of energy today
11PM night before: Went to bed early to make sure I had a good amount of sleep.

7AM: Woke up feeling very nervous; tried to sleep for another hour
8AM: Started re-reading Powerscore CR Bible
9AM: Read Chineseburned's AWA guide: 1-t64327?hilit=chineseburned
10AM: Relaxed, watched some stimulating/comedic TV (Real Time with Bill Maher) to get my mind working a little bit. I purposely did not do any practice problems, because I did not want to psych myself out if I got a few wrong.
11AM: Took the subway to the test center
11:30: Arrived at Pearson VUE

I should have visited the test center site before taking the test, as studies have shown that familiarity enhances test performance (I was briefly a psych major in college). I was completely thrown off by the layout and procedures of the test center, but more on that later. I was given a policy form to read, but I don't really remember what it said. After having my fingerprint scanned and my photo taken, I was handed ear plugs and allowed to start the test early. This was something I was half-expecting, but there were a lot of people from the morning appt still taking the exam. I'm not sure that they appreciated the afternoon group coming in one-by-one and disturbing everyone.

AWA
AWA was tough, and I regret not preparing for it at all beyond reading Chineseburned's post this morning. I write very well in general, but I'm not sure my arguments made a ton of sense, because 30 minutes is not a lot of time to write a well-thought out essay. I bet that my AWA will be read 5-6 by the e-rater and 4-5 by the professional reader. Overall, I really liked that AWA was first, because it allowed me to warm up my brain w/o feeling a whole lot of pressure to get things completely right.

I took my 10 minute break, and this is where I was a bit thrown off. You have to raise your hand to be allowed out. Then they scan your fingerprint as you leave and as you re-enter. These procedures shave ~1 min off your break time (10% of your time!), which annoyed me a little bit. I went to the bathroom, drank some water, and ate a granola bar. Apparently 10 minutes goes by fast, because I barely made it back to my station before the 10 minutes expired.

Quant
Quant was much, much easier than I expected. There were a lot of basic, straightforward problems, which totally freaked me out during the exam. I thought I must either have bombed earlier questions or was missing some of the tricks. There were definitely some very tough questions interspersed, but there were maybe 4 or 5 that took me longer than 2 min. Because I was worried I was missing something, I started doing every problem twice before moving on (starting at about question 10). This was a bit of a mistake, as I realized I was maybe 7 min behind pace when I got to question 25. Luckily, the next few questions were quick DSs that I could answer within 30 sec. I ended up finishing the test with about 4 min left. I really thought I bombed the Quant, so I was not too pleased with myself. This just goes to show that you cannot figure out how well you did, so there is no point in canceling your scores unless something major happens.

Took my break again and chugged a bottle of starbucks frappucino for caffeine. That was a big mistake, as I needed to pee about halfway into verbal.

Verbal
This is my weak spot (or so I thought), and I was worried by the low verbal score thread, but I told myself I had to make up ground for my low quant score. Things here went more smoothly. My pacing was perfect, as I finished with about 2 min remaining. I actually thought I had a chance at 46+ verbal, but I guess a few of the tougher CRs and SCs got me.

Aftermath
I was annoyed that the computer took you through all the personal questions you were required to submit when you registered to take the test. I wanted my score! Finally got there and was foiled by the cancel score prompt. I kept trying to hit next, but it kept telling me I needed to tell it whether I wanted to cancel my scores. I was so flustered and nervous at this point that I didn't notice until 3 or 4 attempts. Finally, I figured it out and hit next. Longest 15 sec of my life while it graded. It spit out my score, and I had to restrain myself from celebrating in the test room. I took my score printout and left the center so happy and distracted that I forgot that I really needed to pee :-)

Good job. One question. What exactly is the "GMATPrep" in your study materials list?

Factorials were someone's attempt to make math look exciting!!!

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2008, 08:21
brokerbevo wrote:
Good job. One question. What exactly is the "GMATPrep" in your study materials list?

http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/Tool ... ftware.htm
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2008, 08:25
zoinnk wrote:
brokerbevo wrote:

http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/Tool ... ftware.htm

Ahh yes. Thanks

Factorials were someone's attempt to make math look exciting!!!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2009, 05:12
Congrats.. thanks for sharing your ideas
CEO
CEO
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 500 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User
Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long) [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2009, 10:17
Congrats for your excelelnt score.

You studied so much materials in such a short period. wow - excellent sprit..

zoinnk wrote:
Chineseburned's AWA guide: 1-t64327?hilit=chineseburned

Thats real cool.

Verbal: new-to-the-verbal-forum-please-read-this-first-77546.html
Math: new-to-the-math-forum-please-read-this-first-77764.html
Gmat: everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html

GT

Re: 770 w/ 1 month of studying! Thanks GMAT Club! (Very long)   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2009, 10:17