Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 19:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

7XX - My f(l)ight to GMAT !

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 16

GMAT ToolKit User
7XX - My f(l)ight to GMAT ! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 07:36
[day-35]

Hey guys,

I need to write about my journey for the last days before I write the gmat on April 18th, ie in 5 weeks. Today, I need some advice. Could you experts please help me ?

Yesterdays I took the MGMAT Cat 1 and scored a 640 (Q39,V38).
I was very angry at myself, particularly in Quant because I felt that questions were pretty tough. My level does not seem good enough for these types of difficult questions. That's a disappointment because I had scored 720 on Gmat Prep 1 with Q48 and V41. Moreover I had to guess the last 8 or 9 questions because I had been too slow on the previous questions....

-1- How do you explain the difference between these 2 quant scores ??

-2- What should I do to really improve so that I can get a Q49 on any MGMAT Cat at least ??

-3- Finally how can I go faster ??

I'm really worried now, and I really need help on this !!
Thanks !

ps : my thread initially started here : 49-days-left-need-advice-110217.html
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 7XX - My f(l)ight to GMAT ! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 04:23
anybody ? I really need some advice to improve at this point .. :(
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Navy
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: Underwriter (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: 7XX - My f(l)ight to GMAT ! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 05:01
This post received
KUDOS
Chouky,

From what I've read, it seems that MGMAT quant is more difficult than GMATPrep quant. I think that you're moving in the right direction. Just keep at it and give another MGMAT test and see how you do. Good luck!!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 3

Re: 7XX - My f(l)ight to GMAT ! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 13:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Chouky,

I have to agree with womiwom about MGMAT's quant section. The questions definitely are a notch tougher than what you encounter on the GMATprep. That being said, I do recall encountering a couple of questions in my actual test that were on par, difficulty-wise, with the 700-800 level questions in MGMAT's CAT.

As for what you could do to improve quant, I will say definitely keep an error log if you aren't already doing so, and re-visit the questions that you got wrong or had to guess in the CATs. Also, it helps to revise the math fundamentals from time to time. I see from your other thread you have the MGMAT set of 8: these books have quite a number of tips and tricks that are worth committing to memory (e.g. the 3:4:5 rule for a right angle triangle).

To improve your test-taking speed, I can only advise doing more practice questions to familiarize yourself with the various types of questions you will encounter during the test. If you want to, the forum's own set of questions are helpful, if very frustrating :P. I hated those questions, but they forced me to know my math.

And of course, don't forget verbal, goes without saying. :) All the best and good luck!
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: 7XX - My f(l)ight to GMAT ! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2011, 01:10
Thanks shuenhon & Womiwom !

I already have an error log for all my questions in quant (OG, tests) and I plan to master these questions.
Hope this will help !

I understand now I have a timing issue, I need to master fundamental question types in order to get faster.

I'll keep you updated about my improvements ! :)
Re: 7XX - My f(l)ight to GMAT !   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2011, 01:10