Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 23:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 433 [0], given: 32

GMAT Tests User
800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink] New post 18 May 2008, 17:27
I've take about half of the 800Score.com quantitative tests and have been scoreing between 62% - 71% each time. I need help in he Comb/Perm & Groups areas, but that is not my qestion here. I would like to know how does a 66% on the 800Score.com tests compare to the real thing? It seems to me that the test question on the 800Score.com are more difficult than the real test.

My diagnostics on the test told me this:

Data Sufficiency: 5 of 12 (42%)
Geometry: 4 of 8 (50%) I'm usually pretty good at geometry.
Statistics: 4 of 6 (66%) Not bad...but could use some imrovement.
Grouping: 1 of 4 (25%)
Probability/Combinations: 1 of 2 (50%)

There were other areas, but most of the other areas I got 100% correct in, so I'm not worried about those areas. These seem to be my weakest link.

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink] New post 18 May 2008, 17:42
Highest score I got on quant was a 40 and I got a 49 on the real GMAT so basically the scoring is completely bogus.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink] New post 18 May 2008, 18:18
Do a search...the 800score.com tests have been panned quite a lot in this forum.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink] New post 18 May 2008, 18:49
I appreciate the responses. The last score I got for the 800Score.com tests was 41. What I did differently for this one than for the others, is that if I got stumped on a question, I was more likely to take an educated guess at it, or if I could round some numbers and get an approximation, I did that. (On one question such as this, I got the numbers right by rounding, but then put them in the wrong order to to get the ratio. 2/4 for 0.5 rather than the correct answer of 4/2 or 2. Tomorrow night after work I'm going to take one of the full length CATs included on my KAPLAN CD. I think this will be closer to what I can expect when I take the GMAT again early June (took it late April first time for a score of 650 [v38, Q42]).

J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink] New post 18 May 2008, 22:35
Kaplan ? Accurate ?? haha .. mate you're in for a shock tomorrow. Kaplan is the WORST when it comes to really awful / tough scoring.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink] New post 19 May 2008, 04:39
bsd_lover wrote:
Kaplan ? Accurate ?? haha .. mate you're in for a shock tomorrow. Kaplan is the WORST when it comes to really awful / tough scoring.

Can you explain exactly what you mean? Does Kaplan give better scores than the real thing, worse scores than the real thing? I'm guessing buy you saying "tough" scoring that a 600 from Kaplan equals a lot higher on the real thing? Is this because their questions are harder or possibly their formula for computing the score is messed up?

J Allen Morris

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross Class of 2011
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink] New post 19 May 2008, 05:18
Well I have the old Kaplan Test that came with the 2005 Premier book and the highest I was able to get was a 620 vs. 760 for MGMAT and 710 on the real thing. I heard they changed the test but my rule of thumb is to add 100 points to the score.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink] New post 19 May 2008, 05:29
That makes a lot of sense. I bought the KAPLAN stuff prior to taking it my first time and read through them. Then took about 6 weeks off, scheduled the test and hit the math workbook really hard. On the practice stuff I was getting mid-500s. When I took the real thing, I got a 650. After I got that without really preparing the right way, I starting thinking "What can I get on this thing if I work at it?" So I found this forum, and will be rescheduling my test for June.

Thanks for your feedback.

J Allen Morris

Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant   [#permalink] 19 May 2008, 05:29