Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

800score practice math exam

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

800score practice math exam [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 15:08
Hi,

800score.com has a sample math test which I took. I did well but found that the questions required more brute force computations than real application of concepts. What do you guys think of these tests?
GMAT Instructor
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 15:15
They're good practise for those questions that require speedy questions. To be sure, there are a lot of mechanical questions, but I have noticed a fairly good correlation between those scores and the final GMAT q scores. Doing them is worthwhile, but only after exhausting the OG and GMATPrep questions!
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 18:37
I 2nd kevin on this...

I did 3 of those tests and math had either very easy quant problems or very difficult... that is when you choose the highest difficulty level, of course. I liked the pacer... it's like a spoon-feeding approach and I think it's a good start to practice timing... wish they had it in the real thing :roll:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 19:26
Is it redundant if I third?

GmatPrep (And MGMAT even more) I find very conceptual in nature, especially with their DS'. I did the sample also, and it had a lot of computational ones that took quite some time to work out. I scored a slightly lower than normal, but I found it to be very helpful for practicing. I also concur that the clock thing was cool too. :)
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2006, 10:43
thanks for the feedback. i admit that i too felt the questions were pretty good.
i did as well as i do on other tests, but was initially thrown off by the calculations involved. normally i'm looking for a concept that they're testing, an approach which works for most of the difficult questions. here, i found that some questions simply required the 3-digit X 3-digit multiplication.

any idea if these guys sell just a Quant Question bank? how would yuu compare them to the challenges (i still have a lot of challenges left to practice).

as for the clock, i found it a little irritating...i believe in practice material that pushes you a little harder than the real thing :)
  [#permalink] 16 Aug 2006, 10:43