Thanks for the congratulations.
Here are my verbal tips (for what it may worth)
1. First of all, understand all the SC rules from Manhattan SC book.
2. Then start solving the 1000 SC - Keep a track of time for each question (it does not take more than 2 secs to write down the time after answering each question -use a digital watch - don't have it? go buy it now!) Solve in sets of 16 ( actual GMAT number) see how many are wrong
3. Note why you are wrong (new concept, new idiom, unheard of usage, carelessness etc )
4. Note all those that took more than 2-3 mins. Color code these -
5. Arrive at the answer by elimination - Find the error - do not look for the right one.
6. For those that you got right - understand why other options were wrong
7. You should get a sense for what is being tested.
The good thing about SC1000 is that the qs are by categories so you get tested on variations of a single concept. e.g use of 'although' -- in some the use of although is correct in others it is in the wrong option.
USE THE FORUM EXTENSIVELY FOR THIS. People have really dissected the SCs for your benefit. Contribute and learn.
Once you solve the 1000 SCs your hit rate will be about 80% . The rest 20 % should be carefully noted down and reviewed time to time.
Your SC average will come down from 2: 30 min to 1:20 min - there you have 16 x 0:40 = 10 mins - allow 2-3 mins for pressure situation - you still get 7-8 mins more for RC and CR.
also gives you good categorized qs and explanation - buy it. - I know I also thought another $20 ;( . But think about you are going to drop 100K any way later.
1. Again turn to 1000CRs.
2. Use same strategy.
3. Keep a record .... Categorize ...... determine your own approach for "Support" questions.
4. Read a little about circular reasoning, %s, correlation causality, etc - Read about LSAT qs types a bit -- it helps
5. 1000CR has LSAT questions also
6. Most important -- time everything. Try to work under pressure conditions- keeping an eye on the watch.
7. Again use the forum extensively for various perspectives - For CR it is about looking at it from the right perspective.
8. The thing with CR is that once you solve a lot of qns upon reading the stem you almost know the qn and the answer- Just train yourself to read all the options carefully and completely.
RC's were never easy for me - But ever since I improved by SC timing I got those 6-7 mins for RC . Kept me cool and confident.
Some people say skimming is the way to go - I could not do it . I had to read the entire passage.
Again timed practice helps here. Go back to 1000RCs. Just practice diligently at least 2-3 everyday (I must admit I could not do it myself). Make notes. See which type you screw up consistently. Train yourself to read above and below the key word for detail questions.
Although you time RCs do not pick answers based on memory. Even after reading the entire passage I would make mistakes if I did not go back to the passage. In the beginning you may take 20 mins to solve 8 questions (single RC - 1000 RC are rather long- there are about 6-7 questions). But practice will get you accustomed to the type of questions and you will start saving seconds in each aspect of RC - You will attain a 2min/question rate - RC passage reading included.
I don't know if I should talk about math - I think someone else may have a better strategy - I improved by only 1 point in Math. But I can tell you this "DO NOT PANIC" even if you think all the qs that you have solved thus far are wrong. To avoid panicking take as many CATs as possible. May be I should have solved more papers. I solved just the two Gmatprep.
My 2 cents.
Happy Gmatting !