Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A burnout.. Does this happen to you?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2005, 15:29
I am so glad to have found this board. I've been doing a PR course for a month and I just want to curl up and not bother anymore. Things are way too draining and I find myself doing homework without bothering to get things right! Studying and a job do not go hand in hand!

I feel better knowing others are going through the same thing, though!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2005, 21:58
This thread just made me feel a whole lot better! I've been studying more than 40 hours a week for about 2 months now. I've booked the exam for mid October. I feel very burnt out.... :shock: :shock:

I find a brisk walk/jog listening to Eminem's Lose Yourself gets me fired up and right back into it. :2gunfire:

Good luck to you all and good luck on your tests.

:-D
Intern
Intern

Burnout [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2005, 09:19
I did undergo this phase. High work-pressure added with snarling traffic and then sitting down to study took my energy away soon.

I did try to meditate and found good results. Took a week-long break which gave the much-needed energy.
Intern
Intern

Rigor [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2006, 02:44
Stay with this club buds and things will fall in place. I myself has gone through lots of frustration juggling work and kids and spouse but I guess the rigor required to get a desired score is much more than most of us estimate when we begin the study. I spent about 150 hours and ended up with a miserable score :( . I was defeated but then this forum has given me a lot of encouragement and empathy and to understand that all of us are in the same boat and many of us have to go thorugh a lot of disappointments and hardships before we reach there. But I guess the rigor required is not the journey but maybe the destination itself as this will prepare us for the study ahead and for the life ahead as managers. So cheer up buddy and keep coming back to this club. Cheers.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2006, 07:44
Hello

I am quite new to this forum , actually.. I am burnt out now. Cant believe it. I just studied intensively for a week and I am burnt out already ... sigh...This will be my 2nd retake. !st time I got a really low score.... That time I prepared for an amazingly short 2 weeks!
Now I got 1 month to prepare but i am starting to feel that this is not enough cos it seems like you guys take at leadt 2 months to prepare for it!! Should i postpone the test??
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2006, 01:12
depending on what score you are starting from, I would definitely recommend you to postpone the test... that is if you have the luxury of time.

Best Regards,

Paul

Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2006, 16:45
Great job on this thread.. makes me feel refreshed..
!!!!!!

love this forum!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2006, 20:08
Great thread … my test is just over a week away and I find myself re-reading these posts for motivation … just for that last push !!! never give up … thankfully I learned that in the gym over the past few years … that 300 lb bench-press isn’t going t come and jump in your lap … you need to go get it by the short hairs and beat the ever living crap out of it (and if you fail the first 20 times you know that sucess is just x-20 times away so you are 20 steps closer to your goal ) :o) lol same thing goes for the gmat. Same thing goes for life in general. If you look closely you will notice that people with persistence often run circles around people with “talentâ€
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2006, 13:47
I like the thread! Right time to start preparation for the second attempt. I have procrastinated for several hours at the kitchen (my wife is watching ICE Age2 in the other room :)), trying to start, but failed. Thus I came to the idea of searching motivation and stamina at GMAT Club forum. The thread helps a lot! I hope to start at the right pace... need time after work
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 12:11
Just relax and maybe don't study as much
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2007, 10:04
This post received
KUDOS
procrastination is an art form to me. if there was a professional league of procrastinators i would've jumped straight from high school to the pros. the only way i can get myself to sit thru an entire practice test or even section is to promise myself a treat when and only when i finish. like maybe i can go shoot some hoops or go shopping or even just have a piece of chocolate i've been craving. give yourself reasons to stay in that chair and work!
  [#permalink] 06 Mar 2007, 10:04