I am Canadian and have already planned out which schools I would like to apply to in Canada (Rotman, Schulich, Ivey) but I would also love to apply to the states because quite frankly I want to experience something in life before I turn 30.
So here are my stats:
- I will be 24 at matriculation.
- I have not written my GMAT yet but lets project a score of 650
based on tests written already
- GPA in a Bachelor of Business Administration of 2.8
- 1 year Sales Associate at Wireless Wave (Cell Phone Dealer; achieved top sales in the province consistently winning multiple incentives/competitions)
- 4 months Procurement Co-op Student at Wabush Mines (Iron Ore Mine; Work-term)
- 8 months Financial Services Representative at a local Credit Union
- 1 year as Sales Assistant for a major banking/investment firm within canada
- I want to concentrate in the Finance field
There are no specific areas geographically in the states I would prefer over the others, although after living in Northeast Canada my whole life, I wouldn't mind somewhere warm
My problems seem to be my lack of work experience and my GPA isn't great either. But i'm convinced that 650 is the lowest my GMAT is going to come back after the effort I've been putting in and will continue to put in leading up to december.
So the question goes out to all my fellow gmatclubers, I need your help, because the US offers so many different schools, I would love a few names that I could look into a little more in depth. Obviously I would love a competitive school, with brand recognition, so what do you guys think? Help me out!!
“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” - Greg Anderson
Follow my Journey at: nphelan-s-road-to-117533.html
Kudos? Don't mind if I do!