Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 18:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A Case for Santa Clara

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

A Case for Santa Clara [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2007, 17:42
I know that Santa Clara is only a Part Time program so that in itself might take it out of the running for near elite schools but I thought I would state some points to have it considered.

Santa Clara is ranked 14th by US News for part time programs for 2007. It has such alumni as the CFOs of Google, Ebay, Macy's.com and Verisign to name a few. The ex CFO for 3Com teaches accounting at the school for crying out loud. The average post graduate salary range is at the high 80's to low 90's. It is in the heart of Silicon Valley where job prospects are a bound. The school is currently in the process of building a state of the art new business school and a state of the art new library, both of which will be done by early 2008.

I know that Santa Clara is largely overshadowed by Stanford and Berkley both of which are in a totally different league, but I think Santa Clara has made some major strides in its reputation especially in the Bay Area. Any thoughts on this? Hjort would love to hear what you think.

Thanks!
CIO
CIO
Followers: 90

Kudos [?]: 712 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2007, 05:47
Updated Santa Clara's Wiki page, if you don't mind.

dzyubam
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 440 [1] , given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2007, 17:48
This post received
KUDOS
I'm glad that you posted this. Santa Clara does indeed appear to be a good choice for students who are already in the Bay Area. One of the interesting aspects of the Bay Area is that it has a very bimodal distribution of MBA programs: a few Ultraelite/Elite MBA programs, no TE or NE programs, and a cluster of respectable but less well know programs.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2007, 19:13
Santa clara is good option for ppl who want to accelarate their growth in companies..i dont think its a good option for a total career change.

One gets a clear understanding if he takes a closer look at its placement stats.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: A Case for Santa Clara [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2008, 21:24
How strong is Santa Clara's alumni network?
Re: A Case for Santa Clara   [#permalink] 15 Jul 2008, 21:24