Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A certain cultivated herb is one of a group of closely

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 0

A certain cultivated herb is one of a group of closely [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2008, 07:32
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
A certain cultivated herb is one of a group of closely related plants that thrive in soil with high concentrations of metals that are toxic to most other plants. Agronomists studying the herb have discovered that it produces large amounts of histidine, an amino acid that, in test-tube solutions, renders these metals chemically inert. Possibly, therefore, the herb’s high histidine production is what allows it to grow in metal-rich soils, a hypothesis
that would gain support if ______.
A. histidine is found in all parts of the plant—roots, stem, leaves, and flowers
B. the herb’s high level of histidine production is found to be associated with an unusually low level of production of other amino acids
C. others of the closely related group of plants are also found to produce histidine in large quantities
D. cultivation of the herb in soil with high concentrations of the metals will, over an extended period, make the soil suitable for plants to which the metals are toxic
E. the concentration of histidine in the growing herb declines as the plant approaches maturity

Folks, I think the OA is wrong, OA is E, but I am stronly in for D. what do you think?

Persistence+Patience+Persistence+Patience=G...O...A...L

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: CR 30:5/30 [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2008, 09:03
I'm in for D too, and that's before I saw OA
Re: CR 30:5/30   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2008, 09:03