Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A common disability in test pilots is hearing impairment, a

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 138 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
A common disability in test pilots is hearing impairment, a [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 05:22
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
A common disability in test pilots is hearing impairment, a consequence of sitting too close to large jet engines for long periods of time.

(A) a consequence of sitting too close to large jet engines for long periods of time
(B) a consequence from sitting for long periods of time too near to large jet engines
(C) a consequence which resulted from sitting too close to large jet engines for long periods of time
(D) damaged from sitting too near to large jet engines for long periods of time
(E) damaged because they sat too close to large jet engines for long periods of time
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 06:51
A is just fine.

D and E have problems where phrase started with damaged modifies impairment and is wrong.

tense problem in c, would be right if results is substitued for resulted, moreover it is wordy..

B has some misplaced adverbs and adjectives.. too near... moreover consequence from, should of consequance of ( because of sitting too close for a long period of time0

A is just fine.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 07:07
I will go with A.

B - incorrect idion (consequence from)
C - incorrec idiom (consequence which)
D - wrong use of verb tense
E - wrong use of verb tense
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 07:42
A it is.

Guys, would u rate these questions as tough, medium, or easy wrt GMAT? I am only asking this to ensure that I do not develop pseudo confidence.

Thanks
GA
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 08:19
I think I will rate these as easy. from my point of view, medium questions will have atleast 2 clause with lot of verbage, idiom, and/or "as/than/like/such/compared to/in comparison with/ as a result of/ because of' type of sequece which can throw one off.

hard will be, i guess, comparison question, phrase usage, squinting modifiers, restrictive clause, misplaced modifier/dangling modifer etc...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 08:26
I will post the OA later. I do not think about posting only hard questions or medium level difficulty ones. The purpose here is to let members learn. If you notice, I seldom pose questions. I will start doing so, for two reasons. Firstly, I think new members who are just starting to prep need some easy ones to get confidence and also to start tackling questions. It does not help them if they attempt 10 questions and get all of them wrong. But that doesn't mean I'll always pose easy ones, I'll still get hard ones up here in this forum. Just give me time to look for them.

Secondly, there's been a lot of request for a 1000SC document. I've seen it a long time before, posted here by a member called bigb. That was about a year ago. But I do not know the source of those questions, so I'll not post the document here for download again. There must be a reason why it's not a sticky in the forum for this today. However, I can still get some of those questions out here for discussion, so in that way, members are not mising out much. Let me know if you have a concern or a better approach. I'm always looking out for ways to help members because I've got a lot of help when I was just starting out here. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 08:31
Ywilfred, Please do not get me wrong. I cannot agree with you more. It is thru questions like these that I have learnt. Your suggestions and questions have always been of great help.

GA
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 08:36
gandy_achar wrote:
Ywilfred, Please do not get me wrong. I cannot agree with you more. It is thru questions like these that I have learnt. Your suggestions and questions have always been of great help.

GA

Hey, no problem. I'm not misunderstanding you in any way. I just thought I'd let you know why I posted relatively easy ones to start. I know from personal experience, how important morale and confidence can be. Once a person is confident, he/she will think nothing can get him/her down...

Don't worry, we're all here for one purpose, that is to help each other to learn, isn't it?? Let's keep the good work going!! :wink:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2005, 10:07
Well i love the questions :-D . And this one is another definite A.

It's not over until it's OVER!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2005, 05:58
OA is A.
  [#permalink] 30 Aug 2005, 05:58