Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 12:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A company that makes electric razors recently introduced a n

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 17

Re: A company that makes electric razors recently introduced a n [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 23:37
Hi pghai,

Thanks for the explanation.

At the end of the tunnel, I can finally see some "light".

P:S- However, I still have doubts on whether it is an assumption or a fact. However, would like to leave it at that.

Regards

Argha
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT Date: 08-02-2013
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: A company that makes electric razors recently introduced a n [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2013, 04:20
B it is, as that is the only option that provides an alternative explanation as to why the sales performed poorly;

Not D because if it were true you would expect the sale to be more.
Not E because it says the sales were relatively higher for competitors. Let's say that originally company used to sell 100 razors and for the new model it sold 10 and it's competitors sold more; let's say 20, whereas they used to sell 40. This figure still shows that the sales are lower and therefore does not provide an alternate explanation or a new finding that challenges the original finding.

--It's one thing to get defeated, but another to accept it.

Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: A company that makes electric razors recently introduced a n [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2013, 23:32
Just to add to the comments above, from my experience of mostly selecting the tempting yet incorrect choices, I have realized the correct answer choice is mostly set in the same context as is the argument.

To elucidate, one of the premises explicitly mentions the comparison between NEW model with MORE PRECITION and OLD model with LESS PRCISION.
This happens to the reasoning for the conclusion, PRECISION is not important.

Therefore, answer choice preferably needs to in the NEW model-OLD model context. Moreover, Option E says RELATIVELY WELL does not really counter the POORLY sale of new model.
Re: A company that makes electric razors recently introduced a n   [#permalink] 21 Sep 2013, 23:32