Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 21:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A couple questions about books to purchase

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

A couple questions about books to purchase [#permalink] New post 23 May 2011, 12:17
Hi Folks,

I'm planning on purchasing my GMAT test prep books in the next day or two. I had a few quick questions.

1. I wanted to buy the Kaplan 2011 Premier book but saw that the 2012 edition will be available shortly (June 7, 2011). Should I purchase the 2011 edition, or preorder the 2012 edition?

2. I see that the Manhattan 4th edition guides match up with the first edition offical quant and verbal books, while the 4.1 match up with the second edition. Is there any way of ensuring that I'm purchasing the 4.1 Manhattan guides? If there isn't, should I buy the first edition official guides?

Thanks
Rick
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.91
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 26

Re: A couple questions about books to purchase [#permalink] New post 23 May 2011, 14:34
rds7784 wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'm planning on purchasing my GMAT test prep books in the next day or two. I had a few quick questions.

1. I wanted to buy the Kaplan 2011 Premier book but saw that the 2012 edition will be available shortly (June 7, 2011). Should I purchase the 2011 edition, or preorder the 2012 edition?

2. I see that the Manhattan 4th edition guides match up with the first edition offical quant and verbal books, while the 4.1 match up with the second edition. Is there any way of ensuring that I'm purchasing the 4.1 Manhattan guides? If there isn't, should I buy the first edition official guides?

Thanks
Rick

1. You will not find much change in Kaplan books. They will add a new chapter on 2012 edition which will focus on the changes of GMAT exam format (will be effected from June 2012). June 7 (2012 edition publication date) is very near. Pre order that.

2. There is no 4.1 edition guides from Manhattan GMAT. Fourth Edition is available.

Purchase it from here:
Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, Fourth Edition [Paperback]

Manhattan GMAT guides are best if they are used with the Official Guides.
1. The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 12th Edition [Paperback]
2. The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review, 2nd Edition [Paperback]
3. The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, 2nd Edition [Paperback]
Re: A couple questions about books to purchase   [#permalink] 23 May 2011, 14:34