Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A football team recently finished its fall season of 12

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 22

Re: football stadium [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 01:44
I go with C

Regards,
Asher

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: football stadium [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 07:05
siddharthasingh wrote:
got my mistake, option argues about opponent's stadium rather than home stadium, which is meaningless, considering the arguement..
but yet not convinced about C..

Since this is a weaken question, what we are actually trying to do is to give a reason which will just weaken a conclusion, with a range of objection being >0% and <100%.What it means that the answer does not have to completely destroy the conclusion.

Say here, what we are assuming with the alternate clause is that the ground may be one of the reasons for improving the team's performance rather than the home crowd. Yes, as 'fluke' said we may assuming that a strong offensive does not lead to a strong performance. What if the opponent's defence is just as good?But this is not given in the answer choice. Since we are to take the answer choices in GMAT, for weakeners, as true and not assume too much from these choices, Answer C is just about the strongest answer as compared to other choices.

Hope this clarifies!!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 21

Re: football stadium [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 09:33
I think E is right Answer
The team scored an average of only 24 points per game in its own stadium, ranking in the bottom quartile of scores for all teams.

Team score average 24 points per game which lead to ranking in the bottom quartile of scores it means other team have more average than 24 points & they are at higher rank then team

So if other teams have high rank --> Average >24 --> hurts the conclusion that the support of the team's fans provided the team with a psychological lift, leading to better score performance other teams performed better
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: A football team recently finished its fall season of 12 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2011, 08:46
C looks the best.
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools: Ross '17, Duke '16
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 43

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: football stadium [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 04:43
jagdeepsingh1983 wrote:
I think E is right Answer
The team scored an average of only 24 points per game in its own stadium, ranking in the bottom quartile of scores for all teams.

Team score average 24 points per game which lead to ranking in the bottom quartile of scores it means other team have more average than 24 points & they are at higher rank then team

So if other teams have high rank --> Average >24 --> hurts the conclusion that the support of the team's fans provided the team with a psychological lift, leading to better score performance other teams performed better

The premise in the argument is that the game score in home stadium (average) - the game score in opposite stadium = about 10.

Choice E is also talk about overall average score. Not explain the cause lead to the two kinds of score in home stadium and opposite stadium.

Choice C is correct.

Rules for posting in verbal gmat forum, read it before posting anything in verbal forum
Giving me + 1 kudos if my post is valuable with you :)

The more you like my post, the more you share to other's need

CR: Focus of the Week: Must be True Question

Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 16

Re: A football team recently finished its fall season of 12 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 05:22
Its C,

+1 Kudos If found helpful..

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 6

Re: A football team recently finished its fall season of 12 [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 11:27
c for me
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 51

Re: A football team recently finished its fall season of 12 [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2011, 21:05
C is the correct option,as it provides an alternate reason for the team to win in their home stadium.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 110

Re: A football team recently finished its fall season of 12 [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 23:20
C provides the alternate explanation and is thus, the correct answer to this weaken question.

Consider KUDOS if you feel the effort's worth it

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: A football team recently finished its fall season of 12 [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 23:26
A
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: A football team recently finished its fall season of 12 [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 01:59
+1 for C
Re: A football team recently finished its fall season of 12   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2012, 01:59