Wonderful score! Congratulations!
Can you just quickly elaborate what materials do you used and, especially, if you found the MGMAT Advanced sections of their guides to be helpful or rather ambiguous (e.g. the advenced section of the SC guide)?
What questions/tests did you use and when? Did you use OG questions in the same time as the MGMAT strategy guides (chapterwise) or did you save them for the time when all guides were completed?
Here is a list of resources/CATs I used
1) Official Guide: The first thing I did. Did all SC, and roughly the last 50 questions in all the other sections.
2) Official Guide Verbal Review: did it all
3) Kaplan 800
: did it all
3) Bought 400 questions from GMAT PREP (pack1). Did all of SC, all IR (still waiting for my score), and some of the others.
4)1000 Sentence Correction...did like 60 of them, checked all the explanations in blogs..
5)MGMAT CATs..did 3 of them: scored 710(2 months ago), 720 (2 months ago) and 780 (1 week ago)
6)GMAT PREP1: scored 760 (2 weeks ago)
7)GMAT PREP2: scored 770 (1 week ago)
8) Bought the MGMAT simulation booklet! Sounds crazy, but it kind of help to control the stress of the exam. Since i had inherited most of the books, i thought i could give myself the luxury. (I had it shipped to argentina, crazy..)
Ex-post: Almost forgot to mention MGMAT sentence correction
guide, great help
I have a very strong math backgroud (industrial engeneering), so i put most my energy in verbal. Once I gave the GMATPREPs I realised I was ready.
To answer your questions:
1)I didnt go through MGMAT advanced questions. I did found the MGMAT CATs to be harder than the real thing. The quant was much longer (probably what made me hurry more than i had to in the exam). The verbal was kind of confusing. Anyway, it is very good material. The best thing to do is GMATPREP. Has a great correlation with real gmat.
2) OG i went through them without much knowledge. THe only theory i learned was fromm MGMAT SC
, and some from Kaplan 800
. I applied that theory in the 1000 SC, and thought it was ok. I didnt revise the OG after it...I dont understand what you mean by strategy guides, I think I never saw them.