Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 14:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 267
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2009, 03:34
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills they have paid for medical care has had this year’s budget cut. To save money without cutting reimbursements or otherwise harming clients financially, it plans to delay reimbursements to clients for forty days, thereby earning $180 million per year in interest on the reimbursement money.

Which of the following, if true, is the best criticism of the agency’s plan?
(A) Hospitals and physicians typically hold patients responsible for the ultimate payment of their bills.
(B) The agency cannot save money by cutting staff because it is already understaffed.
(C) Some clients borrow money to pay their medical bills; they will pay forty extra days of interest on these loans.
(D) Some clients pay their medical bills immediately, but they often take more than forty days to file with the agency for reimbursement.
(E) The agency’s budget was cut by more than $180 million last year.
_________________

Choose Life

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 852
WE 1: 7years (Financial Services - Consultant, BA)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 189 [0], given: 106

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2009, 04:04
IMO C
_________________

Consider kudos for the good post ... :beer
My debrief : journey-670-to-720-q50-v36-long-85083.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 267
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2009, 04:43
sudeep wrote:
IMO C



any reasons???
_________________

Choose Life

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 909
Schools: IIM Lucknow (IPMX) - Class of 2014
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 234 [0], given: 18

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2009, 05:08
"or otherwise harming clients financially" is the catch.

C will harm clients financially, because they will have to pay interest.

trainspotting wrote:
A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills they have paid for medical care has had this year’s budget cut. To save money without cutting reimbursements or otherwise harming clients financially, it plans to delay reimbursements to clients for forty days, thereby earning $180 million per year in interest on the reimbursement money.

Which of the following, if true, is the best criticism of the agency’s plan?
(A) Hospitals and physicians typically hold patients responsible for the ultimate payment of their bills.
(B) The agency cannot save money by cutting staff because it is already understaffed.
(C) Some clients borrow money to pay their medical bills; they will pay forty extra days of interest on these loans.
(D) Some clients pay their medical bills immediately, but they often take more than forty days to file with the agency for reimbursement.
(E) The agency’s budget was cut by more than $180 million last year.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2009
Posts: 116
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 11

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2009, 06:20
trainspotting wrote:
A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills they have paid for medical care has had this year’s budget cut. To save money without cutting reimbursements or otherwise harming clients financially, it plans to delay reimbursements to clients for forty days, thereby earning $180 million per year in interest on the reimbursement money.

Which of the following, if true, is the best criticism of the agency’s plan?
(A) Hospitals and physicians typically hold patients responsible for the ultimate payment of their bills. - this is neurtal to the argument.
(B) The agency cannot save money by cutting staff because it is already understaffed. - out of scope, no where there is a mention about staff cut.
(C) Some clients borrow money to pay their medical bills; they will pay forty extra days of interest on these loans. - this weakens the argument cause this would hurt the clients financially, which the company is trying to avoid by using the new plan.
(D) Some clients pay their medical bills immediately, but they often take more than forty days to file with the agency for reimbursement. - if clients take 40 days to file they will apply for reimbursement after 40 days but but again the delay by teh company to the client is 40 only.
(E) The agency’s budget was cut by more than $180 million last year. - out of scope, we are talkig about current year, not last year.



is the OA C?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 306
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 15

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2009, 07:14
Economist wrote:
"or otherwise harming clients financially" is the catch.

C will harm clients financially, because they will have to pay interest.

+1
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 909
Schools: IIM Lucknow (IPMX) - Class of 2014
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 234 [0], given: 18

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2009, 07:34
Thanks :wink:
rashminet84 wrote:
Economist wrote:
"or otherwise harming clients financially" is the catch.

C will harm clients financially, because they will have to pay interest.

+1
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 267
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2009, 07:38
Economist wrote:
Thanks :wink:
rashminet84 wrote:
Economist wrote:
"or otherwise harming clients financially" is the catch.

C will harm clients financially, because they will have to pay interest.

+1



OA IS C
_________________

Choose Life

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 160
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2009, 00:40
C it is.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Reimbursements [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2009, 00:51
yes, C for me as well
Re: Reimbursements   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2009, 00:51
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills feruz77 10 28 Oct 2010, 00:58
1 A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills marcodonzelli 6 12 Feb 2008, 05:11
An advertising agency argued that the quality of its client tarek99 4 28 Nov 2007, 11:22
A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills gamjatang 5 07 Dec 2005, 07:19
A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills rianah100 7 30 Nov 2005, 05:42
Display posts from previous: Sort by

A government agency that reimburses its clients for bills

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.