Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Oxford'11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Re: A little help [#permalink]
Not sure if its much use to you now, but with your excellent GMAT, the CFA (which is definately not something to be downplayed), good ref's and a decent GPA (all things considered), i'd have thought you would have been a great candidate for the schools you mentioned.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
As I know very few people were taken from R3 to LBS. So the chance is too low to be accepted to LBS R4. I'm not sure about other schools.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
I know a few foilks who were admitted last round at LBS. I must warn you that in additional to great candidacy, you need an element of luck about who has already been admitted and what the class make up is looking like. You are not just competing with other R4 applicants but also several waitlisted candidates from previous rounds for very few remaining spots. Apply if you really want to but I would recommend applying fresh next year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the input everyone.
I've been accepted into Rotman and Melbourne so far. I ended up not applying to Judge or LBS. I’m still waiting to hear from one more Canadian school.
BSD - is the CFA looked favourably in Melbourne? I remember before you mentioned that you knew people that went to the school. Did they have a positive experience? Was it difficult for them to find a job after graduation, and to get their visa to stay in Aus upon completion of the program?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
My friends at Melbourne were Australians and had a fairly strong local contact network (and Australian work experience) even before starting at MBS. They didn't have many problems landing a job after the MBA - but I dont really know what happened to the international folks.

CFA is generally looked on as a positive at most places - IF you are targeting related fields (i.e. asset management industry jobs). But a CFA wont ever be the single biggest factor that gets you in.
GMAT Club Bot