Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A long Table Analysis dataset with 2 parameters in few cells

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1240

Kudos [?]: 3422 [0], given: 183

A long Table Analysis dataset with 2 parameters in few cells [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 01:16
Expert's post
Hello friends,

Here, we present to you a long Table Analysis dataset. The peculiarity of this dataset is that few cells of its column have 2 parameters. Pl. try this.

'The Table below presents status of 19 unfinished Dam Projects. These Dam projects were started during 4 different historical time periods-- Post Independence (1947 - 1975); Post Emergency (1975 - 1991); Post Liberalization (1991 - 2001); & Post Globalization (2001 - till date).'

For each of the following statements, select ‘Yes’ if statement is true based solely on the information provided in the table; otherwise select ‘No’.

Q1: - The number of projects started during Post Globalization period is greater than those started during any other period.

Q2: - The dam projects whose current status is 'Work In Process' were not finished because of 'Rehabilitation' cause of escalation only.

Q3:- Average revised project cost of the projects whose current status is 'Land Acquired' is more than the average revised project cost of the projects whose current status is 'Work Stalled'.

Should you wish to see interactive audio-visual solution to this question, pl. visit e-GMAT for free trial.

Regards!

Shalabh Jain

File comment: Six column-wise sorted table images are given in .rar file. Pl. download when you attempt this question.
Table Columns.rar [392.56 KiB]
Downloaded 481 times

To download please login or register as a user

Free Webinar: August 24, 2014 - Improve by 70 Points in 30 days: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to define your strategy, analyze your mocks and improve by 70 points in 30 days. Click here to register.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 492 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: A long Table Analysis dataset with 2 parameters in few cells [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2012, 07:26
Expert's post
Hi Shalabh ,
My ans:
1-N
2-N
3-Y

It was rather an easy one but time consuming..For me actually its taking time for navigating among qs. window-tables-calculator screen.Are we going to face the same navigation issue in real GMAT scenario..?Will the onscreen calculator be available on the same screen like main qs. screen in actual GMAT ?

Could you please share the OA and corresponding explanations for this qs...?

BTW,look forward to seeing many such posts on the club from e-gmat. Hope you'll keep the bar high in IR also like Verbal... :)

Appreciate your reply.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 44

CAT Tests
Re: A long Table Analysis dataset with 2 parameters in few cells [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2012, 11:10
same answer NNY , are all table analysis qus like this one only easy but time consuming ??

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, I kinda need some =)

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1240

Kudos [?]: 3422 [0], given: 183

Re: A long Table Analysis dataset with 2 parameters in few cells [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2012, 23:18
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Shalabh ,
My ans:
1-N
2-N
3-Y

It was rather an easy one but time consuming..For me actually its taking time for navigating among qs. window-tables-calculator screen. Are we going to face the same navigation issue in real GMAT scenario..?Will the onscreen calculator be available on the same screen like main qs. screen in actual GMAT ?

Could you please share the OA and corresponding explanations for this qs...?

BTW,look forward to seeing many such posts on the club from e-gmat. Hope you'll keep the bar high in IR also like Verbal... :)

Appreciate your reply.

Thank you debayan for appreciating.

Yes. The answers are N/N/Y. I agree that the questions are easy, but I do not think that they are time consuming. I think question # 3 might have taken more time had you approached through traditionally.

Secondly, in real GMAT exam, you need not navigate through multiple images. The table will be provided to you with sorting feature, but you can sort the table in ascending order only. With a mere click, one can sort the table column-wise. Also, the on-screen calculator will be provided to you.

As far as question 3 of this dataset is concerned, there is no need to calculate the mean revised project cost of Land Acquired, & Work Stalled projects. Simple estimation will do. If you sort the table by column 5, you can group Land Acquired, & Work Stalled projects as shown in the image.

Here, you will observe that the revised cost of Warna ( $ 21,495.4M) of Land Acquired subset projects is more that 10 times the highest revised cost of work Stalled dam project- Ghansor ( $1989.5M). So it is obvious that the mean revised project cost of Land Acquired would be more than the revised cost of Work Stalled projects.

Should you wish to see interactive audio visual solution of this question, pl. click START FREE TRAIL.

Reagrds!

Shalabh

Free Webinar: August 24, 2014 - Improve by 70 Points in 30 days: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to define your strategy, analyze your mocks and improve by 70 points in 30 days. Click here to register.

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 492 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: A long Table Analysis dataset with 2 parameters in few cells [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 03:53
Expert's post
Thanks Shalabh for your reply...I did the same way as you've mentioned without going for actual calculation.However,it took time because of navigation among different windows as I've mentioned earlier.

BTW,request you to come up with some tougher qs. I mean 700+ level qs like verbal.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Re: A long Table Analysis dataset with 2 parameters in few cells   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2012, 03:53