Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 04:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A major film studio announced the release date of a movie

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
GPA: 3.82
WE: Account Management (Retail Banking)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 75

Re: A major film studio announced the release date of a movie [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2012, 22:41
".... the publisher who owns the copyright on the novel plans to print a new edition to be made available the same week the film premieres."

The publisher who is going to print a new edition the same of the film premier , wants the film to succeed and this can be more supported only if he is getting some incentive / benefit for doing so.

We need to find an OA which could tell what can benefit him- except !

(4)The actress playing the lead in the film has discussed her love for the novel in nationally televised interviews.

(4) wins because it never hurts the argument that the publisher is getting benefited for promoting film by making new prints of the bestseller book.

" Make more efforts "
Press Kudos if you liked my post

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 41

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: A major film studio announced the release date of a movie [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2014, 05:51
I fail to understand why D is the answer. It clearly indicates that publicity of the book has happened by virtue of an actress supporting it. I find B to be a bit shaky because it talks about a book on the author and not the actual book. So it is a bit irrelevant COMPARATIVELY. In other words , I might be interested in reading Jurrasic Park novel after the movie but a biography of Michael Crichton ( author) might not enthuse me at the moment
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GPA: 3.01
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: A major film studio announced the release date of a movie [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2014, 10:12
Hi,

I have been facing the same issue while trying to understand why C is incorrect. Anyhow, the OE goes like this:

Which one does not support the soundness of the publisher’s plan? The publisher hopes the film will renew demand for the out-of-print novel and plans to supply a new edition to meet that demand. The soundness of this plan can be supported by evidence that films have previously created demand for the novels on which they are based, and also by any agreements the publisher has already made with the film studio. Opinions of participants in film production, however, have no direct bearing on the soundness of the plan.

The publisher has made an agreement with the film studio that links the movie with the book, thereby supporting the soundness of the plan.

This piece of evidence supports the soundness of the plan by proving that the link the publisher intends to make between book and film has previously been successful.

The fact that the publisher has already received a form of profit from the link of novel and movie supports the soundness of the plan.

Although the actress’s high opinion of the novel may add interest in the eyes of the public, it has no direct bearing on the soundness of the publisher’s plan.

Proof that a popular film can increase sales of the book on which it is based supports the soundness of the publisher’s plan

The correct answer is D
Re: A major film studio announced the release date of a movie   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2014, 10:12