Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 01:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A person has to cover the fixed distance through his horses.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
A person has to cover the fixed distance through his horses. [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2006, 08:33
A person has to cover the fixed distance through his horses.
There are five horses in the cart. They ran at the full potential for the 24 hrs continuously at the constant speed and then two of the horses ran away to some other direction. So, he reached the destination 48 hrs behind the schedule. If the 5 horses would have run 50 miles more, then the person would have been only 24 hrs late. Find the distance of the destination.

Regards,
Brajesh
CEO
CEO
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2006, 09:02
Is it 375 miles? If correct then I will explain. But it took me more than 5 minutes.

SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - MBA CLASS OF 2008

Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2006, 20:44
ps_dahiya wrote:
Is it 375 miles? If correct then I will explain. But it took me more than 5 minutes.

I am sorry PS, I don't have answer.
Anyways, could you please explain your solution?

Regards,
Brajesh
  [#permalink] 30 Jun 2006, 20:44