Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 10:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A question to GMAT accomplishers

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
A question to GMAT accomplishers [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2006, 19:09
Hi,

I'd like to know whether you were allowed to draw ABCDE grids on the rough papers during breaks, if you already do so. I am thinking of drawing enough grids during breaks, so I don't have to waste that 1 min.

Thank you.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2006, 20:59
I believe the answer is no, you can't access your test materials during the break. But I think, if you wanted, you could probably use the 1 min that they give you before each section to read the instructions to draw grids.

Obviously, you need to know the instructions to do this.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2006, 22:21
Do they take away your scratch paper during breaks and replace with new ones?

if not, i can draw it if i have extra time left from the previous section, can't I?
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2006, 00:32
They do not take away your scratch paper, but if you take the break you need to exit the room and leave your scratch paper behind. Once you are back at the computer, the proctor logs you back in and the clock start ticking.

I suppose if you finish the AWA or Quant sections early you can draw grids.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
not sure [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2006, 05:55
At my test center they didn't mention anything about test takers having to leave their desk during breaks. After I finished the quant and my break began I spent a minute looking through the work I had done on the math section. The proctor only approached me when I raised my hand. So if your test center is like mine then I imagine you could do your abcde grids during your break.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: not sure [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2006, 07:01
johnnyx9 wrote:
At my test center they didn't mention anything about test takers having to leave their desk during breaks. After I finished the quant and my break began I spent a minute looking through the work I had done on the math section. The proctor only approached me when I raised my hand. So if your test center is like mine then I imagine you could do your abcde grids during your break.

There seems to be a lot of discrepancy among testing centers and what timing issues are and aren't allowed.
CEO
CEO
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2006, 07:16
pelihu wrote:
They do not take away your scratch paper, but if you take the break you need to exit the room and leave your scratch paper behind. Once you are back at the computer, the proctor logs you back in and the clock start ticking.

I suppose if you finish the AWA or Quant sections early you can draw grids.

You are right but this is what I did:

1. Took the 7 minute break
2. I asked the proctor to enter her password and leave the workstation without clicking on OK button. I told her that I want to relax before starting.
3. For next three remaining minutes of break I made the grid and relaxed.
4. When 20 seconds were remaining in teh break, I clicked on OK button and I was on the screen where you read some instructions etc. This screen is timed and will be there for 1 minute. You can also utilize this 1 minute for relaxation.

SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - MBA CLASS OF 2008

SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2006, 08:20
Question:

When a section ends, what happens next? Do you have to raise your hand to start your break or simply get up and leave? Does the 10 minute time break begin right away? Does the proctor have to sign you out?

When you get back, the proctor signs you in, then clicks ok to start? Is there a timer on the screen to let you know at all times how much time is left in the break?
  [#permalink] 10 Nov 2006, 08:20