Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jun 2016, 04:16
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A salesperson makes 5 sales calls. The probability of a

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 81
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 220 [0], given: 37

A salesperson makes 5 sales calls. The probability of a [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2012, 22:57
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

100% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 1 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

A salesperson makes 5 sales calls. The probability of a successful sales call is 10%. What is the likelyhood the salesperson makes at least 1 successful sales call?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Math Expert
User avatar
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 33523
Followers: 5935

Kudos [?]: 73586 [1] , given: 9902

Re: Probability [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2012, 23:18
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Smita04 wrote:
A salesperson makes 5 sales calls. The probability of a successful sales call is 10%. What is the likelyhood the salesperson makes at least 1 successful sales call?


Since the probability of a successful sales call is 10% then the probability of an unsuccessful sales call is 90%.

P(at least one)=1-P(none)=1-(0.9)^5.
_________________

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.


What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 33
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 18

Re: A salesperson makes 5 sales calls. The probability of a [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2012, 23:39
1
This post received
KUDOS
1 - [ 5c0 * (1/10)^0 * (9/10)^5 ]
Re: A salesperson makes 5 sales calls. The probability of a   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2012, 23:39
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic A salesperson gets a 15% commission on each sale he makes. How many sa Bunuel 2 13 Jun 2016, 03:43
45 Experts publish their posts in the topic A fair coin is tossed 5 times. What is the probability of nusmavrik 23 20 Aug 2010, 05:39
5 A salesperson received a commission of 3 percent of the sale xmagedo 3 30 Jul 2010, 07:45
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic In a 5 digit ID number, what is the probability of exactly t Bunuel 25 30 Dec 2009, 17:08
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic 5 women are in a race. What is the probability that bmwhype2 10 19 Nov 2007, 00:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

A salesperson makes 5 sales calls. The probability of a

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.