54. A taxi company charges f cents for the fi rst mile of the
taxi ride and m cents for each additional mile. How
much does the company charge for a 10-mile taxi
(1) The company charges $0.90 for a 2-mile ride.
(2) The company charges $1.20 for a 4-mile ride.
Price of first mile= f
Price of extra mile =m
1) f+m = 0.90 NS
2) f+3m = 1.20 NS
1+2) from two simultaneous equations we can calculate both f and m
Now Similar type of question in Quant Review 11 edition
104 ) A bookstore that sells used books sells each of its paperback books for a certain price and each of its hardcore certain price.If Joe, Maria and Paul bought books in this store, how much did Maria pay for 1paperback book and 1 hardcover book?
1) Joe bought 2 paper book books and 3 hardcover books for $12.50
2) Paul bought 4 paperback books and 6 hardcover books for $25.00
Price per paperback book- p
Price per Hardcover book- h
1) 2p+3h = 12.50 NS
2) 4p+6h = 25.00 NS
1+2) From two simultaneous equations we can calculate both p and h
But OA for dis question is not C
Guys Need help on this one
The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it.