Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 03:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A team of Andersen Consultants conducted a study of Company

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 76955

CAT Tests
A team of Andersen Consultants conducted a study of Company [#permalink] New post 30 May 2003, 13:35
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 1 sessions
A team of Andersen Consultants conducted a study of Company X and found that 85 percent of its employees suffered a "dehydration" between the hours of 2 and 4 in the afternoon. During the slump, you can assume productivity died. Conclusion says that mgt should encourage employees to take lunch naps between two and four since productivity is not needed at lunch.

Assumption: No relation between consumption of food and tiredness by employees of company during lunch.
Works:
1) If they were tired during lunch, they would not want them to take lunch.
2) Taking time off during lunch happens because they don't need to be productive. If they are less productive, the company wouldn't want to make them worser, right. I don't think these are the best ways to explain it.b

CAT Tests
Skopar [#permalink] New post 30 May 2003, 16:01
Under works:

I try to justify that assumption. How am I post to know what GMAT is assuming?

Victor
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2274

Kudos [?]: 8787 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
 [#permalink] New post 30 May 2003, 21:56
Expert's post
I think the worse logic questions are in the PR workbook; my personal opinion.

Nevertheless, if I understand it correctly, the decrease in productivity happns becuase they just took a lunch break and digesting food with their brain :wink: Thus, the productivity falls.

Also, it is not very possible to persuade people to take their lunch break just before they are leaving work unless they come in at 10.

I think I totally missed the point, so you may have to explain it to me again. Your writing seems to be quire resistant for my head, am I getting old?

CAT Tests
PR Feedback for Bogdan [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2003, 09:53
That's not quite, right. I'll give you the question in its entirety and then you can explain why that assumption is right.

A team of Andersen Consultants conducted a study of Company X and found that 85 percent of its employees suffered a "dehydration" between the hours of 2 and 4 in the afternoon. During the slump, you can assume productivity died. Conclusion says that mgt should encourage employees to take lunch naps between two and four since productivity is not needed at lunch.
Assumption: No relation between consumption of food and tiredness by employees of company during lunch.
Works:
Why is this assumption right?
PR Feedback for Bogdan   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2003, 09:53