Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Jul 2014, 23:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

A week to go for the GMAT what should be my strategy?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 3

A week to go for the GMAT what should be my strategy? [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 05:48
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys I am taking the GMAT for the first time next Monday. Two weeks ago I took an MGMAT practice test and got a 630, three weeks before that I had taken a test and my score was around 570 so things are looking up....After carefully studying my weak points for the last 2 weeks (it seemed to be algebra and a lot of silly mistakes because of rushing through the test) I have been studying quadratic equations, formulas, etcetera....I have one more week to go and not sure what my strategy should be:

1) I am going to be off from work starting on Thursday...should I focus on studying and reinforcing the topics that I am not as familiar with (I would say the more advance word problems, advanced mixture problems, and advanced geometry...basically I would say I am good with the basic stuff and pretty much need the harder 650-750 level problems)...i also will be studying 3 hours 2night and 3 hours tomorrow before I am off....

2) Or should I be focusing on test taking...I've already got the timing down and in fact my main concern is slowing myself down.....I could take a test on thursday and study the results friday and saturday......but I feel like I am better off getting all my concepts down by friday...take a practice test on Saturday....review it and try to relax as much as I can on sunday

What would you guys do?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: A week to go for the GMAT what should be my strategy? [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 08:41
well assuming you know your problem areas i guess with 1 week left you can either do lots of problems or do more CATs. I prefer problems since if i do bad in CATs it might affect my mood on test day. you can also go over simple basics like idioms etc. Do you have any gmat books to study from? At this point it is probably not a good investment to get a new book but make sure you go over your current books - maybe go back and redo questions you got wrong before..

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: A week to go for the GMAT what should be my strategy? [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 08:45
Take one exam and quickly review the results. Take the GMATPrep if you haven't already and concentrate on the problem areas. On Sunday, brush through everything and relax.

Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: A week to go for the GMAT what should be my strategy? [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 20:28
better yet on sunday go out and see nightmare on elm street and get a good night sleep.

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Re: A week to go for the GMAT what should be my strategy?   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2010, 20:28