Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 17:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

About to begin - Help me with my Amazon Cart

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

CAT Tests
About to begin - Help me with my Amazon Cart [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2012, 20:26
Just to give some background - I am planning on writing my GMAT in may, and will begin studying in the second week of January. I am looking at a 1.5 hours a day during the week, and 4-5 hours a day on the weekends.

Working through some questions on the GMAT club, I have found that I am pretty well off on the verbal section, and struggle more with the Quant. This is mainly due to the fact that I have forgotten the most basic rules of arithmetic - (this has frustrated me to no end.)

My study plan is to begin with a basic math review. After this, I plan on taking the diagnostic test and then getting into the program. I will dedicate 2 weeks to each section, beginning with the MGMAT books in the first week, and solving questions in the OG and other books during the second.

Here is what currently sits in my Amazon cart. Please help me figure out what I need, and what is redundant: (I have already purchased the OG, Quant Review, Verbal Review from GMAC)

Foundations of GMAT Math - Manhattan GMAT; Paperback
VS
Kaplan GMAT Math Foundations - Kaplan; Paperback

I assume that getting both of these is redundant. In your experience, which would I be better off with?

Manhattan GMAT Complete Strategy Guide Set, 5th Edition - Manhattan GMAT; Paperback

Kaplan New GMAT Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests - Kaplan; Paperback

Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook - Kaplan; Paperback

Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook - Kaplan; Paperback

Kaplan GMAT 800: Advanced Prep for Advanced Students - Kaplan; Paperback

PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible - David M. Killoran; Paperback

Total GMAT Math - Jeff Sackmann; Paperback

I guess my questions are: Is the Kaplan and Manhattan overkill? Is it worth buying both, if only for the questions? Are the Kaplan Math and Verbal workbooks unnecessary? Will I be able to work Kaplan GMAT 800, and Total GMAT Math into my study plan? Is there an essential book that I am missing?

Thank you in advance to everyone who takes the time out to answer these questions and read the long winded thread.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2137

Kudos [?]: 7340 [0], given: 3619

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: About to begin - Help me with my Amazon Cart [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2012, 20:59
Expert's post
If you are planning to us the MGMAT books, then get the MGMAT Math Foundations.
I would start with these + OG 13.
See where you stand and then get books as needed (chances are you won't need the others).

You can get the Kaplan Premier book just for the tests but that's optional really.
I would add to your list MGMAT Roadmap - it is a helpful neat book that tells you how to structure your studying best. If you study well, you probably don't need it but it does have some helpful wisdom that even I found useful.

Hope this answers all of your questions,
Good Luck and Happy Holidays.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: About to begin - Help me with my Amazon Cart   [#permalink] 25 Dec 2012, 20:59