Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Accelerated MBA for business grad - other than Queens?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Accelerated MBA for business grad - other than Queens? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2010, 23:55
Looking for universities that are offering an accelerated program for people with an existing business undergraduate degree. I have come across Queens accelerated 1 year part time program, and like the idea. Any others in Canada, the US or international offering the same thing?

Thanks
Current Student
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

Re: Accelerated MBA for business grad - other than Queens? [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2010, 11:40
I'm not aware of any 1 yr PT programs out there, but there are plenty of 1yr FT ones if that's an option for you. In the US: Columbia, Cornell and Kellogg; also most schools in Europe (Said, Judge, INSEAD, among many others).
Manager
Manager
Schools: Dalhousie School of Business (Corporate Residency MBA)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 8

Re: Accelerated MBA for business grad - other than Queens? [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 07:10
Check out Dalhousie's Corporate Residency MBA. I'll be posting a more detailed thread about it once I gain the necessary credentials on this site... but the main points are in my signature. (I'm a current student, part of the first class; it's a brand new program).

I suppose signatures aren't always static, so I'll reiterate what it says:

Length: 22 months
Tuition: ~$39,000 CAD

Features:

No work experience required
Designed by employers/corporations
8-month paid corporate residency embedded into curriculum (make back most of tuition costs)
A focus on soft skills that many MBA programs downplay/ignore

The main site is dalmba.ca, where you'll find up to date blogs and testimonials. a big part of the program is platformed on the idea of Fast Tracking one's career.

If you have any further questions I'd be happy to field them here or however else you'd like to get in contact (we have a Twitter feed and Facebook pages).

I hope this helps!

- Jordy

I'm a current Corporate Residency MBA student at Dalhousie University (Nova Scotia, Canada).
This account is to help spread the word about this unique program, as well as to help provide a student perspective for MBA applications and GMAT experiences.

Every week I publish a blog about life in the CRMBA by interviewing current students. Find us on Twitter and Facebook, or post any questions/comments/concerns in this thread here on gmatclub.com

Highlights of the program include:

Specifically designed by Corporations/Employers, No work experience necessary, 8-month paid corporate residency, Grades/GMAT score not the main focus for admittance

Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern, Fuqua
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Accelerated MBA for business grad - other than Queens? [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2010, 07:25
Fuqua Cross-Continent program is 16 months, and can be taken from anywhere
Current Student
Schools: Oxford
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 5

Re: Accelerated MBA for business grad - other than Queens? [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 08:04
i think laurier has a pt mba program located in toronto? don't think it's 1 yr but if it's pt i don't think it matters as much.

also you can jointly take the cfa/cma while you're in the program i think. they've got great teachers for those. there's supposedly one guy who pretty much guarantees you pass the cma if you take his course lol.

Oxford Round 1 - interview invite 10/30/09, admit 12/11/09, ATTENDING 2010

My Road to Oxford and INSEAD http://gmatclub.com/forum/my-road-to-oxford-sbs-and-insead-89413.html#p676253

Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 136

Re: Accelerated MBA for business grad - other than Queens? [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2011, 03:16
canadaMBAguy wrote:
Looking for universities that are offering an accelerated program for people with an existing business undergraduate degree. I have come across Queens accelerated 1 year part time program, and like the idea. Any others in Canada, the US or international offering the same thing?

Thanks

Dear canadaMBAguy I am also having a business degree in my bachelor and looking for a one-year/accelerated MBA

Here are few names for your research (inside USA):

1. Northwestern: Kellogg

2. Cornell: Johnson

3. Boston: School of Mgt

4. Babson College

5. Southern California: Marshall

6. Emory: Goizueta

7. Florida: Hough

8. Texas A&M: Mays

9. University of Pittsburg: Katz

10. Hult

11. Thunderbird

Please, let me know your ideas on these schools once you go through their website/info.

Thanks.
Re: Accelerated MBA for business grad - other than Queens?   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2011, 03:16