Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 01:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 21:12
Hi everyone,

I have been accepted into Villanova MSF program.

I received a 700 on GMAT. I have one year experience working as a consultant in KPMG. I need advice on how good / reputed is Villanova's MSF program. Currently I am confused as to go for this course or should I try for better schools / options.

Really need advice on this desperately as I am too confused to make a decision.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 29

Re: Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 11:01
This post received
KUDOS
Not to be rude or anything, but should you not have thought of this before applying? Why apply to a program you know nothing about?

Take a look at MSFHQ.com. Villanova has good placements, but you need to network. I got into Villanova as well (700 GMAT too).

EDIT: By now, most schools are no longer accepting applications, so applying elsewhere is not even an option.

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Intern
Intern

Re: Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 12:28
Yes I understand. I did do some research before application and the program seemed decent.

But currently I am wondering if I can wait 1 more year and probably apply next year to better programs such as MIT or WUSTL or is Villanova MSF good enough ?

btw are you admitted this year ?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 29

Re: Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 14:24
I was admitted for Fall 2013. I will attend, unless MIT admits me (had interview, will hear back on Thursday).

I think most would argue that WUSTL and Villanova are about equal. MIT is probably the best MSF/MFin in the US. Whether to wait another year and apply to other programs is up to you. How is the rest of your profile? A 700 GMAT probably needs to be backed up by a good UG GPA and some good ECs for MIT.

Villanova is fine. What type of career path are you planning to pursue?

If my post helped you, please consider giving me kudos.

Intern
Intern

Re: Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 21:52
Hi, Thanks for your reply.

With a 700 GMAT, I have a 1 year experience as a consultant at KPMG with their Advisory practice. I also hold a Master in Management degree from a top-10 B-school in India. My UG GPA is 3.72

What about you ? Can you please share your profile as well ...

And wish you all the best for MIT. Let me know if you get in :)

Regards
Intern
Intern

Re: Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 21:57
And as for career path ... I am planning to get into PE. It might be little difficult to get into a good PE firm directly so I guess initially would be looking to work with an Investment Bank get some experience and deals under my belt and then switch to PE.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

Re: Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 02:30
Before you make a final decision, try speaking with a few current students and recent alumni. Be very candid with them and have your questions ready so that it is a very efficient use of time. Such primary research will provide great insight into the program and give you confidence into your decision. There are many ways to find students/alumni -- calling the school and asking and doing a linkedin search are the most efficient. Also remember that most people understand the importance of this decision so most students/alumni will be willing to give you a reasonable amount of time.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Re: Accepted into Villanova MSF ... Need Advice Urgently !!   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2013, 02:30