Would appreciate your advice on this if possible.
I was accepted into a school ranked in the early 20s on Forbes for Fall 2012 and got rejected at harvard/yale/wharton.
Now what I'm confused as to is whether I should
a) ask for a deferral from the current school I've gotten into (anyways financial issues are a bit worrisome) and reapply to the above schools
b) go ahead and attend the current school for Fall 2012
Age - 24
Work ex - Worked at Teach For India
Founded and worked as the CEO of my own nonprofit organization in South Asia for 2 years
Worked as a movie screenwriter
GPA - 3.5 (Went to a top state public school and got a triple degree/ triple major)
GMAT - 710
* I think I'm leaning towards reapplying then its because of the brand names of those top schools. Don't know whether it would just make sense to go with the current school. Would appreciate your help on this a lot!
To be very honest, this choice is very personal. Still, I would submit a few points to help you take a decision
1) Did you seek feedback from these schools post rejection ? if yes, do you think that you can do something to improve on the areas of improvement suggested by them. did you get ding analysis done from someone ? do you think you submitted competitive application (especially essay, if you want help on this, you can send me your submitted essay and i might give you an insight)
2) were you interviewed at those schools ?
3) Do you think you are ready to give one more year and work on the areas of improvement, if yes, i think you should let the offer go, because this degree is gonna stick with you for the rest of your life. you are 24 and even if things do not work out in your way in the days to come, you will easily land up similar kind of school next year
4) If you think that your goals are in tandem with the schools (from where you have an admit) , then you may go ahead to attend the school. I am talking this point especially from the point of view of getting a job post MBA (assuming that you are an international applicant).
Hope this helps
Free Essay Reviewing Service