Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 02:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

According to a 2009 Prudential survey, 37 percent of people

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Booth,NUS,St.Gallon
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 51

According to a 2009 Prudential survey, 37 percent of people [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 21:49
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

67% (01:49) correct 33% (00:52) wrong based on 36 sessions
According to a 2009 Prudential survey, 37 percent of people think that Medicare will cover their long-term care costs but it won‘t.
A. 37 percent of people think that Medicare will cover their long- term healthcare costs but it won‘t.
B. 37 percent of people think that Medicare will cover their long-term healthcare costs and it won‘t.
C. 37 percent of people think Medicare would cover their long-term healthcare costs but it won‘t.
D. 37 percent of people think that Medicare will cover their long-term healthcare costs but they won‘t.
E. 37 percent of people are thinking that Medicare will be covering their long-term healthcare costs but it won‘t.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

+1 if you like my explanation .Thanks :)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: According to a 2009 Prudential survey [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2012, 21:52
The OE says that the sentence is in present form and hence we need to use will rather than would .But i choose option C because the survey has happened in the past. The action -people thinking about something about the future with respect to the past - requires 'would' and not 'will'.Experts please reply .

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 46

Re: According to a 2009 Prudential survey [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 00:04
saikarthikreddy wrote:
The OE says that the sentence is in present form and hence we need to use will rather than would .But i choose option C because the survey has happened in the past. The action -people thinking about something about the future with respect to the past - requires 'would' and not 'will'.Experts please reply .

The survey has happened in the past but 'thinking' is happening in present. Basically, survey in the past is irrelevant but rather the result of the survey (According to a 2009 Prudential survey...) is forcing people to think in 'Present' that somthing will happen in 'Future'.

Make sense?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you do TODAY is important because you're exchanging a day of your life for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: According to a 2009 Prudential survey [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2012, 00:32
Seems fair enough thanks capricorn369.

Re: According to a 2009 Prudential survey   [#permalink] 27 Sep 2012, 00:32