Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 03:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

According to a recent magazine article, of those office

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 51

Re: office employees working at home [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 03:06
C . but can some expert throw some light on how to handle such questions on the gmat ? suppose there are 10-15 questions like this on the D-day ... how to score then ?

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 51

Re: office employees working at home [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 03:20
@onedayill that is good job , as soon as i took this through the venn diagram kind of approach it became quite clear how to eliminate B .

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: office employees working at home [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 18:46
Good thought and question. Like all the others, I have to choose C too.

But, I think becoming productive is in the nature of a person. It doesn't depend on the number of hours he/she has worked or on the place he/she is working at.

Letting an employee work from home is definitely a challenge though. That is because it is where a lot of distractions come from hence making them more unproductive. However, now that we have modern technology, with the right monitoring tools coupled with good management techniques, I'm sure the good work environment, even when employees are working from home will still be there.

Last edited by Robinsons on 03 Nov 2011, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 8

Re: office employees working at home [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 12:00
I'd say C, too. The question is a little weird, though.

"of those office employees who typically work 8 hours at the office each day but sometimes say that they will work at home on a particular day,"

.. and what about the other ones, those who do not work 8 hours each day or don't work at home at all? C states "the office employees", but i'd understand "the office employees" to be "all office employees", not only the ones working 8 hours a day and sometimes at home.

Go to an M&A company where 99% of the people are working like 16 hours a day, you couldn't say anything about "the employees" just by judging a small subset of people woring 8 hours daily.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 15

Re: office employees working at home [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 20:54
Took me around 3 mins to convince myself on C for this one. How long did it take for you guys?

pesfunk wrote:
Awesome Question....the answer is indeed C.
Not hoping such questions in my CR section :P

On the contrary, You WANT to have such CRs on your screen.. :wink:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: office employees working at home [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 06:15
C, tricky wording.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: office employees working at home [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 11:32
Good question. I was inclined to E, but looks like C is the correct answer.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 51

Re: According to a recent magazine article, of those office [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 21:58
+ 1 for C,if 15% of people believe productivity and no. of hours worked are not related then they are the ones who strengthen the argument.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: According to a recent magazine article, of those office [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 06:35
I am really baffled by the fact that nobody is looking in to the fact that statement says "of those office employees who typically work 8 hours at the office each day
but sometimes say that they will work at home on a particular day, 25 percent actually work less than one hour."
There can still be office employees who do not choose to work at home, there is no denial of this scenario in the argument. So all percentages in the argument are specific only to the group who choose to work from home some days.
Which means that calculating the overlap of 15% actually applies only on employees who choose to work from home sometimes, not all all employees(which in turn leaves a chance of this value being less than 15% for all employees).
Also all answer statements are about ALL employees and NOT "those employees" which choose to work at home sometimes.
So my answer is E.
What is the OA anyway?
SVP
SVP
Followers: 266

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: According to a recent magazine article, of those office [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2014, 13:45
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: According to a recent magazine article, of those office   [#permalink] 03 Sep 2014, 13:45