Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 02:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

According to the National Pasta Association, per-capita

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 0

According to the National Pasta Association, per-capita [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 11:25
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
According to the National Pasta Association, per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States, which has already been approaching 19 pounds a year, will achieve 30 pounds a year by the twenty-first century.

A. According to the National Pasta Association, per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States, which has already been approaching 19 pounds a year, will achieve 30 pounds a year by the twenty-first century.

B. Already approaching 19 pounds a year in the United States, the National Pasta Association predicts that per-capita consumption of pasta will reach 30 pounds a year by the twenty-first century.

C. The National Pasta association predicts by the twenty-first century that per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States, which is already approaching 19 pounds a year, will reach 30 pounds a year.

D. By the twenty-first century, the National Pasta Association predicts that per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States, having already approached 19 pounds a year, will reach 30 pounds a year.

E. According to the National Pasta Association, per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States is already approaching 19 pounds a year and will reach 30 pounds a year by the twenty-first century.

u2lover: I am done underlining... please don't forget to do so next time! Thanks

GMAT the final frontie!!!.

VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 12:41
E here...

I want some pasta now :food
SVP
SVP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 17:21
u2lover wrote:

Oh no! :horror
No pasta please, don't even want to think of it. In the 20 hour flight last week , lufthansa offerred pasta 3 times successively, can you imagine? I just hate it now :puke
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 17:33
vivek123 wrote:
u2lover wrote:

No pasta please, don't even want to think of it. In the 20 hour flight last week , lufthansa offerred pasta 3 times successively, can you imagine? I just hate it now :puke

:yikes I don't want the airline kind... I want some true home-made kind or one from a good restaurant!!!
SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 17:46
u2lover wrote:
vivek123 wrote:
u2lover wrote:

:yikes I don't want the airline kind... I want some true home-made kind or one from a good restaurant!!!

Yeah, I wish you get one but not for me still ;) Enjoy :-D
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 139 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 22:48
I just can`t understand why both A and E cannot both be correct??? :?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 22:54
Is it because A shows that US approaching 19 pounds not the pasta consumption ?
Current Student

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 23:17
CHEN wrote:
Is it because A shows that US approaching 19 pounds not the pasta consumption ?

Yep, wrong modifier. Crystal clear now :P
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 23:31
E, the rest have modifier issues..

u2lover, may be now you can have some pasta and chilean wine. :-D
Current Student

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2006, 23:37
shahnandan wrote:

A dry Chilean Chardonnay to be precise... goes perfect with garlic and fresh cracked pepper fettucini.

Dog gone it, now I`m hungry too! Look what you started U2 Lover girl 8-)
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2006, 07:44
GMATT73 wrote:
shahnandan wrote:

A dry Chilean Chardonnay to be precise... goes perfect with garlic and fresh cracked pepper fettucini.

that sounds SOOO good... may be I will do that once I finish GMAT... pasta, chilean wine and a great conversation... not to forget the gelato!!! YAM!!!

I still didn't eat it last night... pasta that is... was tired to make it and too lazy to go out and buy it (thought of vivek :puke and changed my mind) :wink:
VP
VP
Schools: Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 13

[#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2006, 10:12
u2lover wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
shahnandan wrote:

that sounds SOOO good... may be I will do that once I finish GMAT... pasta, chilean wine and a great conversation... not to forget the gelato!!! YAM!!!

I still didn't eat it last night... pasta that is... was tired to make it and too lazy to go out and buy it (thought of vivek :puke and changed my mind) :wink:

I hate pasta because my wife likes it :-)

By the way U2, when are you taking the GMAT?
SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2006, 10:19
dwivedys wrote:

Ha ha ha ha, I hope this is not your suicide note buddy ;)
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2006, 10:29
dwivedys wrote:

By the way U2, when are you taking the GMAT?

I will be another wife who also likes pasta :lol:

Gotta bring the quant up and RC first... but hoping to take it in 4-5 weeks... won't do it until I hit the mark in GMATPrep
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: SC - Pasta Association [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2006, 14:01
alimad wrote:
According to the National Pasta Association, per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States, which has already been approaching 19 pounds a year, will achieve 30 pounds a year by the twenty-first century.

A. According to the National Pasta Association, per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States, which has already been approaching 19 pounds a year, will achieve 30 pounds a year by the twenty-first century.

B. Already approaching 19 pounds a year in the United States, the National Pasta Association predicts that per-capita consumption of pasta will reach 30 pounds a year by the twenty-first century.

C. The National Pasta association predicts by the twenty-first century that per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States, which is already approaching 19 pounds a year, will reach 30 pounds a year.

D. By the twenty-first century, the National Pasta Association predicts that per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States, having already approached 19 pounds a year, will reach 30 pounds a year.

E. According to the National Pasta Association, per-capita consumption of pasta in the United States is already approaching 19 pounds a year and will reach 30 pounds a year by the twenty-first century.

u2lover: I am done underlining... please don't forget to do so next time! Thanks

Clearly E the winner perfectly modified the sentences...... and as mentioned in A which modify the national Association so is wrong.....

Btw this is the advantage of being Italians we eat tons of pasta every week compared to abroad we do have the highesr world wide consumption,...... If looking for past try to by the good one if available De Cecco is the best and do not eat it overcooked that is the major problem with it, when not taken on time is hard to digest and can slow u easilly .... go italian food... :lol: :lol:

“If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.â€

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2006, 07:16
Straight E...for perfect placement of modifiers..
  [#permalink] 14 Aug 2006, 07:16