Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [18]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [4]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [2]
Send PM
Re: Adaptive GMAT Club Tests are Here! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
souvik101990 wrote:
bb wrote:
radhagovindaradjou wrote:
@bb: Amazing new interface ! Just love it.. But I am not able to access the old gmat club tests (non-adaptive ones). Are they not free till June 7 ?

The old ones are not open. We were going to phase them out and no longer provide them as the free option (the questions are better in the new system and the UI and the CAT made them a no brainier.) Is there any particular reason you wanted the old tests? Please pm me so I don't lose your point. Been getting quite a few replies here.

I would like to point out something here.
In the old gmatclub tests, we could take section tests based on topics such as number theory, combinatorics etc.
Dont you think that must be integrated in the new format as well?

YES! We are trying to add this on Thursday.
I am also thinking we will extend the tests through at least 1 more day (4 total days) to accommodate for the issues some users have experienced.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
We have released the ability to review the questions/sessions.

Thank you for your patience. Please see attached a screenshot for the details.

Attachment:
2012-06-06_1113.png
2012-06-06_1113.png [ 38.79 KiB | Viewed 6619 times ]

Here is how the results will look like.
Attachments

2012-06-06_1117.png
2012-06-06_1117.png [ 306.82 KiB | Viewed 6645 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 550 Q48 V19
GMAT 2: 600 Q47 V25
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
@bb
i would like to ask one more thing...since now the tests will not be free.....do we have the kudos concept or posts concept still to access the premium tests...what are the rules.can you explain please....
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
The tests are adaptive. There are questions there put to scare the heck out of you because your job is to focus on each question individually rather than get scared or think about your overall performance and that prepares you better for the real test experience where you will be scared by a variety of questions: hard or easy.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Adaptive GMAT Club Tests are Here! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Niha01 wrote:
Hey,

I was not sure of how this worked. Hence I emailed it to the support as its more formal. I appreciate your time, thank you!

Then why did you post it here??????????
That’s the opposite of appreciating time.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
vandygrad11 wrote:
Oh, snap! This is awesome. Will you be able to access these tests by reaching 200 posts?

Not any more. We are doing away with the 200 posts as of June 30. However, 25 Kudos do get you access.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 778 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
vandygrad11 wrote:
Oh, snap! This is awesome. Will you be able to access these tests by reaching 200 posts?

Not any more. We are doing away with the 200 posts as of June 30. However, 25 Kudos do get you access.

Who is Bunuel? My guess is that this awesome new interface will attract some people who have never been to the forums before. It might be a good idea to mention some credentials to attract even more.

Originally posted by geometric on 05 Jun 2012, 14:01.
Last edited by geometric on 27 Mar 2013, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:

New GMAT Club-Tests are here and they are tougher, smarter, and adaptive-er!

We have worked very hard and are thrilled to present you with the second generation of the GMAT Club tests – we have redesigned the system from the ground up and beefed up more than 600 questions. The best part is that GMAT Club Tests are wide open and available for free June 5th, 6th, and 7th to anyone! Take GMAT Club Tests Now!

CAT (Computer Adaptive Testing) Technology

• New computer testing system with adaptive engine
  • Testing UI that matches that of the Official GMAT Test
  • Custom quizzes that allow you to fully take advantage of our questions (you decide the difficulty, question type, how many questions, and how much time)
  • Self-Timer – Option to turn it on or off
  • Flag Question Tool – Provides the opportunity to flag questions during or after your test for later review
  • Guess Question Tool – Provides the opportunity to mark questions that are Guesses to review later
  • Switch between Study and Test Modes – You can choose if you want to take the test in a timed environment that simulates the GMAT test center experience or rather study in a more relaxed environment

Questions

• More than 1,300 questions, featuring 100+ new questions developed by Bunuel
  • More than 300 hours was spent by Bunuel to improve questions, expand explanations, and to make every aspect of each question flawless. Who is Bunuel? - with 3,000 posts and 6,000 kudos Bunuel has been GMAT Club’s de facto quant expert.
  • HARD! We pride ourselves in crafting the most difficult questions and the most challenging practice test experience. You should challenge yourself to confront your weak areas, thereby improving your chances of getting your best score.

Analytics

• Reporting and graphs that allow you to see problem areas and track your progress.
  • Test History & Question Review – Your username provides access to your Test History Page which includes a list of all taken tests and your scores, plus it gives you the ability to review all flagged questions and those answered incorrectly
  • Comprehensive Answer Explanations – Each question includes a detailed explanation to help you learn the fastest method to solve it

Support

• 24 hour help is available from our dedicated test forum. You can also post your suggestions for alternative solutions here.
  • We are committed to adding new features! We will expand the reporting functionality in the coming 30 days and add more free questions and quizzes. If you have any other suggestions how to improve the tests, please let us know.
  • For any issues, suggestions, or questions, please use this post

-

hello @bb
i gave one test in the new features in quant section and after completion of that test when i again went to give a new test,i am recieving the same questions again or i can say that i am again givin the same test....
so just wanted to confirm that

is it like we are provided 1 quant n 1 verbal full test for three days..or something else is there in tests section......
please tell me is there anything new apart from this in test section..just want to know....

regards
mudit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
actually i went to this link https://gmatclub.com/tests_new/ so here i gave my first quant test n then when i tried again,it is showing the same questions....

as far as this link is concerned https://gmatclub.com/tests/?fl=menu can u tell me which of the tests will remain free to access after 3 days....

regards,
mudit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 778 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
GMATLA wrote:
There are a total of 25 quant tests and 6 verbal tests. Please visit here: https://gmatclub.com/tests/?fl=menu (the GMAT Club Tests home page) to access all the tests. You may need to login again as needed to confirm you are a member. If this does not resolve your issue, please let us know.

There is definitely a mixed message going on here. That's the old tests page. Are the new tests and the old tests the same? Does the new page have the "100+ new questions" and the old does not, or what? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
i would be grateful if u could check why i am recieving the same questions again...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
mathurmudit1003 wrote:
actually i went to this link https://gmatclub.com/tests_new/ so here i gave my first quant test n then when i tried again,it is showing the same questions....

as far as this link is concerned https://gmatclub.com/tests/?fl=menu can u tell me which of the tests will remain free to access after 3 days....

regards,
mudit

The https://gmatclub.com/tests_new/ will remain open for 3 days (I will look into your history and see why you would get repeating questions)
We will be phasing out https://gmatclub.com/tests over time (probably will take over the URL in the future)

Pardon me for asking same question again as I am still not clear with what happens to the Test access purchased for old (non Adaptive Gmatclub tests)?
Will that access be switched over to new tests after next three days?
In case NOT, Can we request to switch access over to new format?

All in all, Its a great transition to new format and the overall website itself is so refreshing. Great job!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
It is evident why these test are free for 3 days --> you're using our experience has a beta test. So far my experience has been very, very, very buggy. I have only been able to complete 1 quiz without getting an error message that ruins the test or quiz I am taking. And even the one quiz does me no good, because I am not able to review to see what I got wrong. I just spent 73 minutes taking an exam only to get to the last question and receive an "internal error"...great use of my study time...

I suppose this is great "practice", but of no real use to my studying. Hope that the bugs get worked out before you begin charging to take the exams... :evil:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1235 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Kudos
i was given access to gmatclub tests on reaching 25 kudos..Will I continue to have the access to the test?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
bgs4gmat wrote:
I think you have inherited the weird format (or BUG or lack of functionality) of New GMATPrep 2.0 Software. The RC questions are not clubbed with passage and showing up randomly in the Tests. Its good that the tests are Adaptive now but if you can not club the RC questions with the passage then it looses the purpose :-(

The RC part of the New GMAT CLub Tests is exactly same as described in the following post:

gmatprep-question-pack-1-review-131392.html

=====
2. The Reading Comprehension questions in GMAT Prep 2 practice module are not grouped with a given passage. If you select 5 questions to practice, you may end up working on 5 different passages. This is not helpful at all!
=====

Ha-ha. Not really but close. There was some strange issue with having this feature enabled and it will be available in about 10-12 hours. You will be able to go back to review your results in detail since explanations are a part of the learning process.

There will be a few more things coming as well tomorrow and Thursday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hi guys

if anyone is looking for some tips with respect to the quant and verbal section, i can help them out. i have been doing so for quite some time now. i took my gmat in 2009 and scored a 760 (verbal- 42, quant-50). i followed it up with an year at ISB, Hyderabad.

you can get in touch with me @ 9873209590 and we can talk more about it. feel free to call me during the day or to sms during the later part of the day

i can entertain questions wrt the applications process as well

thanks
sid
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Kudos
I am unable to review the test, also the pace at which questions appear on screen is very slow.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6