Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:24

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Addendum to improve GOALS in application?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Addendum to improve GOALS in application? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2011, 02:49
Subject more or less says it all.

I submitted my application prior to reading much of the advice given w/in this forum, particularly the advice about being very crystal clear about S-T & L-T Career Goals.

Despite that weakness, I still am of the opinion that I will receive an interview, so factor that into the calculation.

Question: Should I submit an addendum that clearly outlines my goals, or should I hope that I have the opportunity to highlight these during my interview, should I receive one?

One factor worth considering: I have already been in somewhat regular communication with the admissions office, and I want to be sensitive to pestering them.

Thanks for input.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 186 [1] , given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Addendum to improve GOALS in application? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2011, 10:04
This post received
KUDOS
sbooth20 wrote:
Subject more or less says it all.

I submitted my application prior to reading much of the advice given w/in this forum, particularly the advice about being very crystal clear about S-T & L-T Career Goals.

Despite that weakness, I still am of the opinion that I will receive an interview, so factor that into the calculation.

Question: Should I submit an addendum that clearly outlines my goals, or should I hope that I have the opportunity to highlight these during my interview, should I receive one?

One factor worth considering: I have already been in somewhat regular communication with the admissions office, and I want to be sensitive to pestering them.

Thanks for input.

Essentially you want to submit another essay. Top schools won't let you do this and if anything will be viewed negatively. If you are still before the deadline then perhaps you can change an essay if that school does not review on a rolling basis.

Sometimes a school may ask for further information in which case you should submit an addendum, but again you will be asked. One reason schools won't do this is if they let you do it then they need to let everyone do it. An extra thousand essays at random times will make things very difficult for the admissions committee.
Current Student
Affiliations: VFW, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, West Point Association of Graduates
Schools: Wharton Class of 2013
WE 1: Army Ranger / Infantry Platoon Leader Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 yrs)
WE 2: Company Executive Officer (1 yr)
WE 3: Company Commander (2 yrs)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 75

GMAT Tests User
Re: Addendum to improve GOALS in application? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2011, 15:31
i agree, best bet is to wait it out and submit an extra essay is WL'd. Don't email them at this point.
Re: Addendum to improve GOALS in application?   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2011, 15:31