Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 10:40

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Additional class - send transcript?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 469
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Additional class - send transcript? [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 06:36
If you only took 1 or 2 classes recently to strengthen your academic profile, is it necessary to send the transcript for review (BEFORE acceptance) or simply just talk about it in the essays?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464
Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 07:34
I have the similar question. I took an accounting class for fun at a local college, I chose not to mention it since it wasn't used to strengthen my application and I didn't want to bother with another transcript.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 469
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 09:22
Kryzak, you take accounting classes for FUN?? Kudos to you! lol.
Well I guess in your case, its pretty simple, you can just leave it out.

But for me tho, I need to tell adcom about the classes I took, since my undergrad is pretty crappy. But should I simply write about it in the essays (ie optional essay at the end) or do I need to send them something official like an additional transcript?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 1097
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 09:26
Well, I think that if you want to mention the courses at all in the application, then the schools will have a good reason to expect the transcript.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2005
Posts: 202
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 09:58
I totally agree with mNeo. Especially if you are using the classes to strengthen your academic profile, they're going to want to see the transcripts to verify your grades and that you took the classes. Plus, don't the b-schools usually want transcripts from every college you've attended, regardless of whether or not you received a degree?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464
Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 12:36
mNeo hit it on the spot. If you're going to mention it, include a transcript.

I decided the benefit of me mentioning accounting is not worth trying to get a transcript from the community college (for that one class).

I took accounting just to see what it was like, and was hoping to test out of that requirement 3-4 years ago when I briefly pondered business school. In the end, I actually *liked* the class. ;)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 981
Location: Hong Kong
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 13:22
liked accounting???? Dude show me one person who has a lukewarm affection to accounting and I will eat my hat....
I hate that course.debits and credits.. (i always end up thinking of my statements on my credit cards and my zero balance on my debit cards)

useless course.. and thost balance statements.. best left untouched..

Just kidding..
took accounting class coz the class had 30 women and 6 guys.. Ya mNeo, I know I had to add in the ladies.!!!!

prasad ..no comments.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Posts: 469
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2007, 06:43
ishcabibble wrote:
I totally agree with mNeo. Especially if you are using the classes to strengthen your academic profile, they're going to want to see the transcripts to verify your grades and that you took the classes. Plus, don't the b-schools usually want transcripts from every college you've attended, regardless of whether or not you received a degree?



Well I am talking about before a decision is made. Some schools want you to self report your grades using an their online form, some of the schools want you to scan your transcript and upload it. Most don't require you to send the official.

So for my 1 class, should I just add it at the end of my self-reported undergrad transcript? or upload a separate file for just 1 class? (Can you even upload more than one file for grades?) Or actually send in the official for that one class, even though I'm only self-reporting my undergrad grades?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1528 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2007, 07:03
kryzak wrote:
I have the similar question. I took an accounting class for fun at a local college, I chose not to mention it since it wasn't used to strengthen my application and I didn't want to bother with another transcript.


You, my friend, are WEIRD.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464
Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2007, 07:27
rhyme wrote:
kryzak wrote:
I have the similar question. I took an accounting class for fun at a local college, I chose not to mention it since it wasn't used to strengthen my application and I didn't want to bother with another transcript.


You, my friend, are WEIRD.


Haha, maybe I *should* mention the class so it differentiates me :wink:
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 932
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2007, 09:56
kryzak wrote:
rhyme wrote:
kryzak wrote:
I have the similar question. I took an accounting class for fun at a local college, I chose not to mention it since it wasn't used to strengthen my application and I didn't want to bother with another transcript.


You, my friend, are WEIRD.


Haha, maybe I *should* mention the class so it differentiates me :wink:


what are you guys talking about? there's nothing weird about enjoying accounting.. i love accounting! :) fitting since i deal with balance sheet/income statement 5 times a week for 8-10 hours a day ;)
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 932
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2007, 09:57
aviroop wrote:
liked accounting???? Dude show me one person who has a lukewarm affection to accounting and I will eat my hat....
I hate that course.debits and credits.. (i always end up thinking of my statements on my credit cards and my zero balance on my debit cards)

useless course.. and thost balance statements.. best left untouched..

Just kidding..
took accounting class coz the class had 30 women and 6 guys.. Ya mNeo, I know I had to add in the ladies.!!!!

prasad ..no comments.


see my post above =D
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 115
Location: NYC Baby!!!
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2007, 16:47
Did you take cost accounting or accounting I? I was told my Admissions that we need to take cost accounting or you must take it when u enroll. I am taking Accounting I and Precal right now.
  [#permalink] 14 Sep 2007, 16:47
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Sending in transcripts from multiple schools zmaggin 1 07 Dec 2010, 22:01
Do I need to send a school transcript if I took one class? Michmax3 11 20 Sep 2010, 13:48
Sending Additional Score Reports NNatasha 1 03 Apr 2009, 03:07
sending transcripts katgirl82 3 19 Dec 2007, 22:58
Experts publish their posts in the topic Sending transcripts with applications amitz 4 17 Oct 2004, 22:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Additional class - send transcript?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.