Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Nov 2014, 18:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admission Advice Urgent Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Admission Advice Urgent Please [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 16:22
Hi Experts,

Can please advice me and suggest me if I am suitable for the business school I am applying for?

I was born in India and Now an Australian Citizen since 2008. I have been living in Australia since 2005. I am 30 years Old.

Education: I did Bachelors in Electronics and Telecommunication in 2004 from C.R.S.C.E, Which was a very reputed and highly competitive engineering college in north india and not that is a deemed university. Then I came to australia and did MASTERS in microelectronics from LATROBE university, which is again very reputed university and specially the course was very difficult. I scored 70% in masters and 67% in bachelors. I have also done ADVANCED DIPLOMA in marketing from TAFE australia recently.

Work experience: I have been working in managerial position since 2005. I have worked as a Team Leader, Channel Manager, Business Development Manager and Now as a Sales and Marketing Manager. I have total of 8 years+ experience all in sales and marketing and all in australia. My Directors and managers are extremely happy with me and ready to support me in my MBA with any kind of assistance.

GMAT SCORE: I have achieved a GMAT score of 680 and I am applying for AGSM( sydney) and MBS( melbourne). Please suggest me if there is any other good school which will accept me. What are my chances of getting into AGSM and if I get selected what are the chances for scholarship. Please advice. I have heard from their staff that they encourage local students so it might be a little advantage I am assuming.

I would highly appreciate all your help.

Thanking You
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2381

Kudos [?]: 10029 [0], given: 3764

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Admission Advice Urgent Please [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 16:27
Expert's post
i think those 2 schools make the most sense in terms residence/loans/relocation/etc.
They are also well known international schools with many partner schools (if you want to do a study abroad)

Since there are not that many internationally well know bschools in Australian, these make the best choice.
You can also consider other asian schools i.e. HKUST, CEIBS, NTU, NUS if you are interested - all should be within reach.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1186

Kudos [?]: 5662 [0], given: 167

Re: Admission Advice Urgent Please [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 18:55
Expert's post
tk1tez7777 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Can please advice me and suggest me if I am suitable for the business school I am applying for?

I was born in India and Now an Australian Citizen since 2008. I have been living in Australia since 2005. I am 30 years Old.

Education: I did Bachelors in Electronics and Telecommunication in 2004 from C.R.S.C.E, Which was a very reputed and highly competitive engineering college in north india and not that is a deemed university. Then I came to australia and did MASTERS in microelectronics from LATROBE university, which is again very reputed university and specially the course was very difficult. I scored 70% in masters and 67% in bachelors. I have also done ADVANCED DIPLOMA in marketing from TAFE australia recently.

Work experience: I have been working in managerial position since 2005. I have worked as a Team Leader, Channel Manager, Business Development Manager and Now as a Sales and Marketing Manager. I have total of 8 years+ experience all in sales and marketing and all in australia. My Directors and managers are extremely happy with me and ready to support me in my MBA with any kind of assistance.

GMAT SCORE: I have achieved a GMAT score of 680 and I am applying for AGSM( sydney) and MBS( melbourne). Please suggest me if there is any other good school which will accept me. What are my chances of getting into AGSM and if I get selected what are the chances for scholarship. Please advice. I have heard from their staff that they encourage local students so it might be a little advantage I am assuming.

I would highly appreciate all your help.

Thanking You

Another thing I would like to add here is that the school can give you best advice. You should visit the two schools - take a tour, meet the adcom, the students, get in touch with the faculty etc. People in the school will be able to guide you better about your chances and how you may align your profile according to their requirement (in case something is needed).

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Nonprofit
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Admission Advice Urgent Please [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2013, 20:09
bb wrote:
i think those 2 schools make the most sense in terms residence/loans/relocation/etc.
They are also well known international schools with many partner schools (if you want to do a study abroad)

Since there are not that many internationally well know bschools in Australian, these make the best choice.
You can also consider other asian schools i.e. HKUST, CEIBS, NTU, NUS if you are interested - all should be within reach.

Thank you for the reply BB.

Can you please advice me as you are an expert and know about the gmat admission more than anyone here. What are my chances with 8 years work ex and 680 gmat score. As MBS median score is 650 and AGSM median score is 660. But my gmat score is above the both college's gmat median. Will it matter much if i take another gmat and score 700? will my chances get better or it will be same as both the scores (680 or 700) are above their median and my work ex is above their average candidate. I don't want to miss it as I have already postponed it once. Loan is another big thing which I am considering as Australian government gives loan to citizens so I want to choose one of these.

Please advice.
Thanks
Re: Admission Advice Urgent Please   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2013, 20:09