Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:46

Going on right now!

Booth Invites and Dings?


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admission consultancy service in India?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1117
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 565 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 07:28
Expert's post
Hi folks (especially Indian applicants),
guys can you share any idea about the available Admission Consulting companies in India ?

Has anyone ever used any of such?

Much appreciate any thought.

P.S: Souvik/MacFauz/Marcab and other GC legends from India-please come up with your insights on the same.

@bb-It would be great if you have anything to share on this!
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 00:10
Dear bagdbmba,

Manya Education (P) Ltd. (MEPL) provides admission counselling services spanning the entire gamut of activities including test preparation, profiling of schools, admissions counselling, application assistance, visa assistance, financial counselling, and others. I strongly recommend that you visit the official website of Manya Group for gathering more information about us.

Wish you good luck for your application process.

Best Regards,

Sinchita Ganguly
Admissions Advisor
Manya - The Princeton Review
_________________

Sinchita Ganguly
Admissions Advisor
Manya - The Princeton Review

Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 1227
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 717 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 01:58
IMO, the location of the consultant should not be of much concern.. All of the work is going to be done either over the phone or by e-mail (most will be by e-mail).. I mean.. People are even conducting their interviews over skype... There is not much requirement for face to face interaction... You will only have to see which consultants are genuine and which ones are scams..
_________________

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1117
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 565 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 08:28
Expert's post
MacFauz wrote:
IMO, the location of the consultant should not be of much concern.. All of the work is going to be done either over the phone or by e-mail (most will be by e-mail).. I mean.. People are even conducting their interviews over skype... There is not much requirement for face to face interaction... You will only have to see which consultants are genuine and which ones are scams..


Dude,
You got me wrong..:) Please allow me to clear the confusion!

I would like to know whether there are any Admission Consulting companies (as you say genuine/solid) in India...? Location of the consultant is not that of a constraint really(because it occurs over skype/phone as you've rightly mentioned)...Rather it's the high charge of the US consultants...So,just thinking whether any Indian applicants from the Club have used any Admission Consulting companies from India (basic assumption is that the Indian consultants who are MBAs from top US/European schools, will definitely charge less than their US counterparts..!)..

I hope it's clear to you now! So, can you give any insights on the same?

Other Folks-Much appreciate your thoughts also on this...!
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1117
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 565 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 08:35
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
Hi folks (especially Indian applicants),
guys can you share any idea about the available Admission Consulting companies in India ?

Has anyone ever used any of such?

Much appreciate any thought.

P.S: Souvik/MacFauz/Marcab and other GC legends from India-please come up with your insights on the same.

@bb-It would be great if you have anything to share on this!



Guys,
Any information on this...? I'm eagerly awaiting to hear from you...!

Would really appreciate any insights.
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 414
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 10

Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2013, 00:53
bagdbmba wrote:
I would like to know whether there are any Admission Consulting companies (as you say genuine/solid) in India...?

Six months since the last post, dada. Any updates?

Were you able to build a list based on your independent research?

Keen to see if our liteel team figured anywhere on the radar.
_________________

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com


Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 1117
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 565 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 10:32
Expert's post
MBACrystalBall wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
I would like to know whether there are any Admission Consulting companies (as you say genuine/solid) in India...?

Six months since the last post, dada. Any updates?

Were you able to build a list based on your independent research?

Keen to see if our liteel team figured anywhere on the radar.


Hey Sameer,
Of course your liteel team is on the list :-)

BTW,just sent you a PM. Please check and shot a reply over there.
_________________

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog


KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 414
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 10

Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 20:09
bagdbmba wrote:
Hey Sameer,
Of course your liteel team is on the list :-)

BTW,just sent you a PM. Please check and shot a reply over there.


Just responded, saar.
_________________

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com


Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1742
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 691

Kudos [?]: 3039 [1] , given: 890

Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 10:06
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Well I am six months too late I guess!
I think MBA admission consulting is an extremely expensive business considering top dogs from US.
However it depends on your school choices, and how independent as a person you generally are.
There are certain price sensitive consultants out there but most top US consultants charge almost similarly.

I do think, it boils down to how regular your consultant is to get back to you, answer your queries and how he takes your input to give his/her feedback. I do think price is a HUGE issue, but you should be aware first. If your consultant gives you brand new information about your target school that you did not know, you are not on the right track.

Often hiring a consultant gives you the leeway to neglect extensive research that is ABSOLUTELY necessary. It's like the GMAT really. Just getting a course from MGMAT or Veritas Prep does not guarantee a 760.

That was a long rant. Hope you get the answer somewhere in it :-)

Let me know if you need anything.
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 48
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 22:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Souvik,

Brother, I though I would share my opinion in a couple of lines and see what you think...
I think there are a few genuine ad cons in India, but a vast majority are running a scam, I would say >50% ..I have no data to back it up, but Its just my personal feeling, an opinion that I formed after talking to half a dozen of them!! what is your personal opinion?
On the other hand, Having been through this grueling process myself, I am thinking of starting my own firm too, not a scam i promise :) haha

souvik101990 wrote:
Well I am six months too late I guess!
I think MBA admission consulting is an extremely expensive business considering top dogs from US.
However it depends on your school choices, and how independent as a person you generally are.
There are certain price sensitive consultants out there but most top US consultants charge almost similarly.

I do think, it boils down to how regular your consultant is to get back to you, answer your queries and how he takes your input to give his/her feedback. I do think price is a HUGE issue, but you should be aware first. If your consultant gives you brand new information about your target school that you did not know, you are not on the right track.

Often hiring a consultant gives you the leeway to neglect extensive research that is ABSOLUTELY necessary. It's like the GMAT really. Just getting a course from MGMAT or Veritas Prep does not guarantee a 760.

That was a long rant. Hope you get the answer somewhere in it :-)

Let me know if you need anything.

_________________

GMATPrep 1: 670
GMATPrep 2 : 710

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1742
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 691

Kudos [?]: 3039 [0], given: 890

Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 03:47
Expert's post
nishant1006 wrote:
Hey Souvik,

Brother, I though I would share my opinion in a couple of lines and see what you think...
I think there are a few genuine ad cons in India, but a vast majority are running a scam, I would say >50% ..I have no data to back it up, but Its just my personal feeling, an opinion that I formed after talking to half a dozen of them!! what is your personal opinion?
On the other hand, Having been through this grueling process myself, I am thinking of starting my own firm too, not a scam i promise :) haha

souvik101990 wrote:
Well I am six months too late I guess!
I think MBA admission consulting is an extremely expensive business considering top dogs from US.
However it depends on your school choices, and how independent as a person you generally are.
There are certain price sensitive consultants out there but most top US consultants charge almost similarly.

I do think, it boils down to how regular your consultant is to get back to you, answer your queries and how he takes your input to give his/her feedback. I do think price is a HUGE issue, but you should be aware first. If your consultant gives you brand new information about your target school that you did not know, you are not on the right track.

Often hiring a consultant gives you the leeway to neglect extensive research that is ABSOLUTELY necessary. It's like the GMAT really. Just getting a course from MGMAT or Veritas Prep does not guarantee a 760.

That was a long rant. Hope you get the answer somewhere in it :-)

Let me know if you need anything.


I could not agree more. I have seen the majority of Indian admission consultants having no idea what they are talking about.
I cannot take names though. I can see how Sameer (MBA Crystal Ball) is great and its pretty evident with the hard work he puts in.
Reviews make or break an admission consultant. And by reviews I mean those that are verified. Not the ones floating around a website saying "I got into Stanford with a 600 GMAT, all thanks to the nobody-has-heard-about consultant.

I wish you all the luck if you start your own firm. :-)
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2013
Posts: 3
Schools: HEC '15, AGSM '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Admission consultancy service in India? [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2014, 05:10
Hi Nishant, Can you suggest the other 50%, which you think are the genuine ones. Please pm me if u cannot reveal the names publicly. I really dont know know what to do after my GMAT. Your help would give me a start atleast.

nishant1006 wrote:
Hey Souvik,

Brother, I though I would share my opinion in a couple of lines and see what you think...
I think there are a few genuine ad cons in India, but a vast majority are running a scam, I would say >50% ..I have no data to back it up, but Its just my personal feeling, an opinion that I formed after talking to half a dozen of them!! what is your personal opinion?
On the other hand, Having been through this grueling process myself, I am thinking of starting my own firm too, not a scam i promise :) haha

souvik101990 wrote:
Well I am six months too late I guess!
I think MBA admission consulting is an extremely expensive business considering top dogs from US.
However it depends on your school choices, and how independent as a person you generally are.
There are certain price sensitive consultants out there but most top US consultants charge almost similarly.

I do think, it boils down to how regular your consultant is to get back to you, answer your queries and how he takes your input to give his/her feedback. I do think price is a HUGE issue, but you should be aware first. If your consultant gives you brand new information about your target school that you did not know, you are not on the right track.

Often hiring a consultant gives you the leeway to neglect extensive research that is ABSOLUTELY necessary. It's like the GMAT really. Just getting a course from MGMAT or Veritas Prep does not guarantee a 760.

That was a long rant. Hope you get the answer somewhere in it :-)

Let me know if you need anything.

_________________

Be generous in giving kudos...

Re: Admission consultancy service in India?   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2014, 05:10
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Admission Consultant in Bangalore, India. suyash23n 5 12 Sep 2013, 08:44
2 Review : Admission consultants in India! akshathbs 4 30 Jan 2011, 10:43
8 Admission consultants in India for GMAT ? krishan 23 21 Jul 2010, 04:06
4 Admission Consultant in India. arjunrampal 9 21 Apr 2010, 13:00
Sugegst Admission consultants in India urchin 1 03 Nov 2009, 11:29
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Admission consultancy service in India?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.