Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UNC/M.Acc. - Admissions prospects & impressions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Accounting
GRE 1: 1440 Q780 V660
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

UNC/M.Acc. - Admissions prospects & impressions [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2012, 22:47
Hey, y'all -

My stats:
GRE-V - 660
GRE-Q - 780
GRE-TOT - 1440
UGrad GPA - 3.963 (4.000 in Political Science and Education - double major)

Taught for a year and a half and I am looking for a more intellectually challenging career with more opportunities to advance. Particularly for those who've matriculated from the M.Acc. program, what do you suspect are my chances of being admitted and/or receiving fellowship/scholarship awards? What should I expect from the interview if the opportunity is extended? Finally, for those who are in the program or have matriculated, what are your impressions of (1) the adequacy of the summer session coursework, (2) the intensity of the program, and (3) the interactions among those in the program (friendly/cutthroat/etc.)?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: UNC/M.Acc. - Admissions prospects & impressions [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2012, 21:26
tarheel1226 wrote:
Hey, y'all -

My stats:
GRE-V - 660
GRE-Q - 780
GRE-TOT - 1440
UGrad GPA - 3.963 (4.000 in Political Science and Education - double major)

Taught for a year and a half and I am looking for a more intellectually challenging career with more opportunities to advance. Particularly for those who've matriculated from the M.Acc. program, what do you suspect are my chances of being admitted and/or receiving fellowship/scholarship awards? What should I expect from the interview if the opportunity is extended? Finally, for those who are in the program or have matriculated, what are your impressions of (1) the adequacy of the summer session coursework, (2) the intensity of the program, and (3) the interactions among those in the program (friendly/cutthroat/etc.)?

I'm in the program now. I don't know about GRE scores, I did GMAT as did almost everyone else I know. If it's out of 1600 like the old SAT, you should get in if you interview well and don't blow off your essays. You fit the profile of students they are marketing too now. I did sociology and had a lower GPA than you. It's hard to tell with the fellowships, they seem kind of random. Interview is a standard behavioral interview.

Summer session is crazy fast. You'll take entire classes in 4-6 days. The longer core classes are about 10-12 class sessions. You'll be in class from 9-4:15 with a 45 minute break for lunch 4 days a week. The biggest change for me from undergrad was the competency of everyone around me. You'll have A exam grades curved down to a 3.0 just because the average grade on a pretty difficult final will be a 95 (allowing for a partial mistake on an extended problem or two). It can feel pretty intense, especially balancing recruiting with everything. I have a feeling I'll be a lot more relaxed after interview season is over and offers are out. It just takes a lot off your plate. The program is pretty social and we try to organize events and outings together. It's not very cut throat, but there are definitely a ton of people who spend all their spare time in the bschool studying. Not my cup of tea, but we all get along fine. The grading curve really prevents it from getting too competitive. Just beat out the bottom 3-5% for a class and you'll pass. Recruiters really don't seem to care as long as you don't get low-passes. The program has been everything I've wanted and really gets you ready for the hours you'll be experiencing in practice.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: UNC/M.Acc. - Admissions prospects & impressions [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 09:13
thank for sharing !!!
Re: UNC/M.Acc. - Admissions prospects & impressions   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2012, 09:13