Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Admit to #2, WL at #1 [#permalink]
29 Mar 2010, 10:33
I have been admitted to 1 top 10, 1 top 15, and WLed at 1 top 10 and one top 5. I would like to go to the top 5 the most, however, they could or could not take me off the WL before by deposit is due for the top 10 (one wave is before and one is after). How should I approach this? Just call the top 5 and as if they need more info (I have no updates from the time of my app) /express interest and wait until the deadline to enroll to see if I hear? Would it make sense to tell the top 5 that I have to make a decision by X date, or would that be seen as pushy? I could call now and not say anything (standard interest and updates) and then if I do not hear within a week of the other school's deadline, then call again and tell them I have to make a decision in a week, 10 days, etc. I am just unsure or how to handle a situation where you get into one school and want to wait to get off the waitlist for your top choice, but you might not hear from WL until the decision is due at your 2nd choice.
Re: Admit to #2, WL at #1 [#permalink]
19 May 2010, 23:08
I'm not the praying type, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should bolt in, guns blazing. What has your contact with the Admissions Office of the school been like? What is your reading on the personalities involved?
I'd probably remind them that I exist and I've got a crush on them. Smile, let them know that I'm around and willing to answer any queries they could have, and my my, have you always let your hair down long? etc etc. Take it with a grain of salt, but by this point in our lives, we all have our weapons of persuasion.
Re: Admit to #2, WL at #1
19 May 2010, 23:08