Yup, you're on top of the news! The best thing about Haas is due to the small class size and very responsive staff (and DEAN!), things happen fast here. Some of the changes we've heard (but not all confirmed):
- New 70 person state of the art classroom (in the news)
- Courtyard cafe style a la Strada Cafe (or think Borders with its cafe)
- Curriculum changes, which may start with your class, but be complete with Class of 2012. The current students are putting a lot of input and feedback to make the experience for the Class of 2011 even better!
- Hiring of some great professors, up to 11 by the end of next year, in some cases taking them back from the schools that "stole" them away.
- Center for Teaching Excellence formed to make the teaching quality more consistently higher
- Doubling of IBD in 2 years (in the news), right now they take 80 people, probably up to 100 or 120 next year, and then to 160.
- Adding in a capstone project (in the news) at the end of the 2 years, starting with Class of 2011
- Potentially adding a new wing which will add 3 or 4 more of those 70-person classrooms. This probably won't happen for 3-5 years.
Let me know if you have any other questions. This will be very exciting!
GMAT Club Knowledge Vault: