Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 04:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 6

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2009, 16:59
It was moved to Business School Life to reduce the clutter in B-school Application forum.
And it makes sense since the discussion now mostly revolves around our preparation for b-school life.

So are we doing this meet up with rhyme before RW and/or school starts, or what?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2009, 18:27
xenok wrote:
It was moved to Business School Life to reduce the clutter in B-school Application forum.
And it makes sense since the discussion now mostly revolves around our preparation for b-school life.

So are we doing this meet up with rhyme before RW and/or school starts, or what?

I'm definitely down for a meet-up!
Current Student
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2009, 21:59
xenok wrote:

I'm in. I'm most likely moving to Chicago Aug 1.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2009, 13:10
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that after a long period of deliberating with myself I've decided to go to Kellogg. At the end of the day it was just a question of personal fit - I really love both schools but I felt a slightly stronger connection to Kellogg. Hopefully, the waiver I handed in today will allow them to admit one of the guys off of the wait list.

Anyways, you guys are truly awesome and I enjoyed every second in this thread. Good luck and see you in Illinois (where you will no doubt make obvious jokes about how I don't know math...)
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2009, 16:28
Gil wrote:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that after a long period of deliberating with myself I've decided to go to Kellogg. At the end of the day it was just a question of personal fit - I really love both schools but I felt a slightly stronger connection to Kellogg. Hopefully, the waiver I handed in today will allow them to admit one of the guys off of the wait list.

Anyways, you guys are truly awesome and I enjoyed every second in this thread. Good luck and see you in Illinois (where you will no doubt make obvious jokes about how I don't know math...)

Best of luck at Kellogg, Gil! I'm sure you will enjoy your time there. Perhaps we'll put together some sort of Booth-Kellogg meet-up during the year.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2009, 22:07
MeddlingKid wrote:
Best of luck at Kellogg, Gil! I'm sure you will enjoy your time there. Perhaps we'll put together some sort of Booth-Kellogg meet-up during the year.

Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 355

Kudos [?]: 1733 [0], given: 357

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2009, 23:48
Expert's post
Great idea! Gil, good luck in Kellogg!

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton (R1), MIT (R1), Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2009, 17:56
I attended the waitlist chat today. The class is still oversubscribed. There were a bunch of WL candidates in the chat. One/two said they had a job offer/admit at another school etc. The next decision point will be in July'09.
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2009, 13:23
Well... things have been quiet here for awhile. Hey--question about the academic calendar: is there really a 3+ week break between autumn quarter and winter quarter? Or are there things going on that one would need to be around for? I'm just looking ahead and I could easily get 3 weeks of gainful employment over that period if I didn't have to be around.
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2009, 08:32
wedbud wrote:
Well... things have been quiet here for awhile. Hey--question about the academic calendar: is there really a 3+ week break between autumn quarter and winter quarter? Or are there things going on that one would need to be around for? I'm just looking ahead and I could easily get 3 weeks of gainful employment over that period if I didn't have to be around.

yea, most people take trips or go on treks during the winter
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2011 Thread   [#permalink] 29 Jul 2009, 08:32