Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 04:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth Class of 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 258 [1] , given: 151

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Chicago Booth Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 01:44
This post received
KUDOS
Lets get started, there are already many round 1 admits.

Congrats to all of you admitted to the Chicago Booth class of 2013!!

For info, here the last year thread: admitted-to-chicago-booth-class-of-2012-full-time-mba-thread-88122.html

Club-MBA - Comunidad MBA en español | Mi Blog "Mi MBA en Chicago Booth"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Booth R1, Tuck, Ross
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 02:08
Congrats to everyone that's been admitted!

I'm looking forward to meeting all the gmat clubbers at the admit weekend in February.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 258 [0], given: 151

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 02:13
you're lucky! I won't be able to attend :(... it's too far and I'm out of days off...

Perhaps I can make it for the second one.

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 02:23
It's a shame you can't make it - we'll have to meet up in September instead!

If people are interested, then I was thinking about collecting a list of admit weekend questions to try and help out those admits that can't attend in person...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 19

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 03:59
Congrats to everyone who has been admitted, especially fellow GMAT clubbers! I plan to attend the 1st Admit Weekend so look forward to meeting you all.

mjb, that's a great idea re: collecting questions.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth class of 2013
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 07:11
Congrats on getting accepted to Booth, everyone!! I will be attending Admit Weekend. Have you folks joined the Facebook group / Google group for the class of 2013?

I guess the next step is to look at financing (for those of us without $$ from the school :)). I've been spending time reading through this thread and looking at private loan options. What about you folks?

Has everyone here decided on Booth, or are you guys waiting to hear from other schools?

My profile
My GMAT experience

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 22:06
Hi all...congrats once again on getting through A Business Force :)

Rid: Great initiative to start a separate thread! I also will be unable to attend the admit weekend in Feb, so am thinking of going for the R2 one. I hope Booth will allow me to attend that?

Apart from arranging the financing, what is everybody planning to do till Sep? (apart from chilling, of course :-D )
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 22:13
congrats!

I will work till May 30, then travel around Asia a month or so, then go to Spain to visit family and friends, and finally go to the US beginning or mid August to travel a bit (family coming) before starting the MBA (that will be probably at Booth).

Will any of you attend the pre-accounting course or the English one?

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 00:22
I'm considering pre-accounting (I come from an engineering background), but I've heard mixed things about the course and the overlap with Financial Accounting. If it was considered as sufficient to waive out of basic financial accounting then I might be more interested...
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 05:20
mjb wrote:
I'm considering pre-accounting (I come from an engineering background), but I've heard mixed things about the course and the overlap with Financial Accounting. If it was considered as sufficient to waive out of basic financial accounting then I might be more interested...

mjb, with the flex curriculum, my understanding is that you can take a more advanced Accounting course, if you wish.
See this page for alternatives. Got to love Chicago Booth for this feature!!

I'm planning on looking through Business Statistics before I arrive so I can take a different class: "Applied Regression Analysis" or perhaps "Statistical Insight into Marketing, Consulting & Entrepreneurship".

My profile
My GMAT experience

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 06:08
My issue is that I don't have any real finance or accounting experience, so when I said "considered sufficient" I meant more to prepare me for the more advanced finance courses than to meet any particular requirement. :wink:
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 16:36
Booth Students
January 13, 2011
11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST

Curious about what life at Chicago Booth is really like? Join us for a live chat with current students on January 13 to learn more about our community. Ask about student activities, classes, campus life, recruiting, the city of Chicago, and more.
Live Chat with

it may be interesting, though it is too late for Asia-Pac, we'll need the transcripts.

Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 19:56
Has anyone been contacted by current students / any alums for answering the plethora of questions that we all, am sure, have and would have with respect to joining/housing/etc.?

A current student as well as a CWIBAN member contacted me - and it was fabulous talking to both :) Must say am highly impressed by the initiative Booth is taking to make this process as smooth as possible!
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 20:42
Mandy4983 wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by current students / any alums for answering the plethora of questions that we all, am sure, have and would have with respect to joining/housing/etc.?

A current student as well as a CWIBAN member contacted me - and it was fabulous talking to both :) Must say am highly impressed by the initiative Booth is taking to make this process as smooth as possible!

Thanks for bringing this up, Mandy. A current student emailed me on a weekday morning several days ago. He made time to speak with me that very afternoon when I said I had some questions I wanted to run by him. I'm *very* impressed by Booth reaching out in such a way to its admits. I don't know for sure whether this is done by other schools as well. Anybody know?

Although I'm still waiting for closure from other schools, I must say I'm slowly but surely falling in love with Chicago Booth! :-D

My profile
My GMAT experience

Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2011, 22:42
wiredo wrote:
Mandy4983 wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up, Mandy. A current student emailed me on a weekday morning several days ago. He made time to speak with me that very afternoon when I said I had some questions I wanted to run by him. I'm *very* impressed by Booth reaching out in such a way to its admits. I don't know for sure whether this is done by other schools as well. Anybody know?

Although I'm still waiting for closure from other schools, I must say I'm slowly but surely falling in love with Chicago Booth! :-D

Totally second your view Wiredo! Small, but significant steps :)
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 00:05
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 56

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 10:07
Mandy4983 wrote:
wiredo wrote:
Mandy4983 wrote:

Totally second your view Wiredo! Small, but significant steps :)

Same here--current student calling to check in. Interesting that Booth had a current student call me, while Kellogg asked an alum to call me.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth (Admit R1), Sloan (Ding R1), Tuck (R1)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 14:17
rid82 wrote:
does anyone know the date of the second Admit Weekend this year?

Hey rid82: It's on April 8-9
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 16:10
I was accepted to both Ross and Booth with the same $$. I'm planning on focusing on marketing and brand management. In your opinion, which school is better for marketing? Are they equal? I'm really torn between the two, so I'd love to hear your opinions.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 17:25
lizzyum wrote:
I was accepted to both Ross and Booth with the same $$. I'm planning on focusing on marketing and brand management. In your opinion, which school is better for marketing? Are they equal? I'm really torn between the two, so I'd love to hear your opinions.

First off, congrats on the two offers!! This is a great situation to be in.

As the playing field has been leveled with equal scholarship $$, I personally would go with Booth to cater the curriculum to my needs and to matriculate at a more highly regarded program. Now, if Ross had offered $$ and Booth hadn't, that might've been a harder decision - if I were in your shoes, that is. That said, I recognize that Ross probably offers more marketing courses than does Booth. If you already know what courses you need in Marketing, and find that Booth doesn't offer them while Ross does, your decision just got easier.

Good luck!

My profile
My GMAT experience

Re: Admitted to Chicago Booth Class of 2013 Full-time MBA Thread   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2011, 17:25