Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 10:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton (R2 int.), CBS,Tuck, Yale, MIT, HBS
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 07:10
Has anyone been contacted by adcom regarding an informal interview for fellowship selection? Just got an email to meet with them and was wondering if any of you guys have gone through the same process. Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 09:56
LittleYoda wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by adcom regarding an informal interview for fellowship selection? Just got an email to meet with them and was wondering if any of you guys have gone through the same process. Thanks

Congrats! Hopefully you'll get it :)

I just talked with adcom, and they said that since the deposit deadline is coming tomorrow for a lot of people, they'll be releasing a lot of decisions today and tomorrow. Then the rolling decisions will come out until well into summer as people accept/deny their fellowship packages, etc.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 10:01
theturko19 wrote:
LittleYoda wrote:

Congrats! Hopefully you'll get it :)

I just talked with adcom, and they said that since the deposit deadline is coming tomorrow for a lot of people, they'll be releasing a lot of decisions today and tomorrow. Then the rolling decisions will come out until well into summer as people accept/deny their fellowship packages, etc.

This is fantastic to know, thanks turko! I will still keep hoping and praying that I get some money....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 09:21
Hey all,

Does anyone know anything about deferring options? I know that on the website CBS says it's not their policy, but I personally know one girl who was able to defer. Anyone heard of any similar stories?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School '13
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Higher Education
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 7

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 04 May 2011, 13:17
Has anyone begun the process of shopping your credit around to take out loans to finance tuition, housing, food, etc. for the next year? How much time are you leaving yourself between the start of the shopping process and the time that you actually need the money?

My GMAT Debrief: my-gmat-experience-540-to-92850.html
Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. - Emerson

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 14:48
LittleYoda wrote:

Didn't get an interview but was just notified that I got a fellowship!!!
Current Student
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 19

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 04:51
ppop wrote:
LittleYoda wrote:

Congratulations!!

It's me, or in the facebook group there are too many users?
It has been hard follow some of conversations.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 63

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 21 May 2011, 11:09
malbec wrote:
ppop wrote:
LittleYoda wrote:

Congratulations!!

It's me, or in the facebook group there are too many users?
It has been hard follow some of conversations.

I just went on vacation for a week and was "off the grid" the whole time. I came back and basically have given up on getting caught-up on all the activity over the past week. It really does get a lot of traffic!

Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia (matriculating 2013), Booth (admitted), Wharton (WL)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 13

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 15:03
Anyone getting overwhelmed about the NYC apt hunting process? It seems so different from what I'm used to (going directly to leasing offices) that I'm not so sure if I should reach out to a dozen brokers or not. What are your strategies that worked for you, for those who've gotten an apt?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 05:43
Has anyone been able to successfully log into your @gsb.columbia.edu email account? I'm not able to login and I know all of my emails aren't being forwarded to my gmail though I'm getting some emails from Columbia in my gmail account. Does anyone know if we are supposed to have access to this before school?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School '13
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Higher Education
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 7

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 05:52
columbia2013 wrote:
Has anyone been able to successfully log into your @gsb.columbia.edu email account? I'm not able to login and I know all of my emails aren't being forwarded to my gmail though I'm getting some emails from Columbia in my gmail account. Does anyone know if we are supposed to have access to this before school?

Go to https://cubmail.cc.columbia.edu/login/login.php

I don't recall the exact process I went through a couple months ago to set my password, but you should have received a "UNI" by now. You should be able to access your @columbia.edu email account there. I'm not sure that an @gsb.columbia.edu email account exists for any other reason than to give you a life-long email address that identifies you as a Columbia GSB student. I've been using my @gsb.columbia.edu email over the last few weeks and all of those emails have successfully made their way in and out of my gmail.

My GMAT Debrief: my-gmat-experience-540-to-92850.html
Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. - Emerson

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 06:10
Thanks!
Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 63

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 08:58
I think I asked someone awhile back and they responded that we wouldn't be able to send emails from the @gsb.columbia.edu address until orientation. I can, however, send emails from my CUBMail address (@columbia.edu).

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Finance
Schools: Cambridge
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.9
WE: Accounting (Education)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2011, 03:54
The Upper West Side it is then
Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2011, 03:54