Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Haas (A), Stanford (D), Yale (A), CBS (A)
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Non-profit (public health)
WE 2: Finance (asset management)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Columbia Business School - Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School Class of 2012 [#permalink]
CBS12 wrote:
Anyone going to the Columbia Connect Event in April? Not sure it's entirely worth the expense...

Anyone else being slightly lazy about their "To Do" list???

I'll be at Columbia Connect in April; I did not attend the one in February. I'll be around on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday as well that weekend in NYC.

I've been trying to stay diligent about my To Do list but there's a lot of requests that won't be available until the summer; I've tended to ignore those.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think you have until August or so. It took me a full 8 weeks to get confirmation.

I'm not looking forward to completing the pre-MBA coursework... they say it takes 40 hours to finish. not exactly the way I want to spend my spring/summer. But, since I'm in marketing and will be on the remedial end of all things finance, accounting and statistics-related, I understand why they do it...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CBS12 wrote:
I think you have until August or so. It took me a full 8 weeks to get confirmation.

I'm not looking forward to completing the pre-MBA coursework... they say it takes 40 hours to finish. not exactly the way I want to spend my spring/summer. But, since I'm in marketing and will be on the remedial end of all things finance, accounting and statistics-related, I understand why they do it...

For the pre-MBA coursework, what happens if you don't pass the tests? I know you have 2 chances but my friend asked me and I had no idea what the answer is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't think they're going to be super hard. They wouldn't accept people from non-quant areas if you needed to have a certain base level knowledge in accounting, finance etc
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone hear anything on the fellowships?

These potential loans are stressing me out. Basically a mortgage.

Going to start hitting up the lotto.

:)

S
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Would it come in our financial aid package? I found out how much I could qualify for, along with how much scholarship/staford(subsidized/unsubsidized)/alternative loans, but nothing surrounding a fellowship. If the fellowship notification comes separate from the financial aid package then there is still hope!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It states that fellowships will be awarded late March through May. And that we will get the heads up through a change in our admission status? so the old website where we applied.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
WE 1: Big 4
WE 2: BB IB
Send PM
When is CBS' admit weekend?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Send PM
regarding merit based aid, fin aid office said most if not all of us should know by end of april
cbs admit weekend 2 is on apr 15/16

cbsclipper wrote:
Kroll took from late Jan to late March for me. They requested one additional document. As for (need-based) scholarships - one of those was bundled in with my financial aid statement, so those decisions I would presume have been made. I ahven't heard back about merit based fellowships, and don't know if that means I'm late one the list (decisions are rolling, and I was on the later end of Early Decision) or already got shut down (I don't know if they send a "sorry, no fellowship for you" email). Has anyone heard back re: merit-based fellowships, either thumbs up or down?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1850 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
So people with need based scholarships have already been informed correct?

praz wrote:
regarding merit based aid, fin aid office said most if not all of us should know by end of april
cbs admit weekend 2 is on apr 15/16

cbsclipper wrote:
Kroll took from late Jan to late March for me. They requested one additional document. As for (need-based) scholarships - one of those was bundled in with my financial aid statement, so those decisions I would presume have been made. I ahven't heard back about merit based fellowships, and don't know if that means I'm late one the list (decisions are rolling, and I was on the later end of Early Decision) or already got shut down (I don't know if they send a "sorry, no fellowship for you" email). Has anyone heard back re: merit-based fellowships, either thumbs up or down?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Haas (A), Stanford (D), Yale (A), CBS (A)
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Non-profit (public health)
WE 2: Finance (asset management)
Send PM
Bay Area Happy Hour this Wednesday [#permalink]
For those in the Bay Area, a few of us are meeting up for an informal happy hour this Wednesday, 4/7 at La Mar. I'll be there starting at 6.

La Mar is close to Embarcadero MUNI and BART. I will make sure the group is easily identifiable, but feel free to PM me if you are planning on coming.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bigfernhead. I don't think any need based info has been released yet. The CBS fin aid app said they would start notifying students on April 15th.

Has anyone heard differently?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thanks.

Is there a specific time frame we should start looking at loans? Should we wait after the scholarship notification? Or start now...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Given that the rules re: perkins eligibility might change, the finaid folks at CBS suggested holding off until mid-may or so. It should be buried somewhere on your to-do list as well...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is everyone's plan regarding housing? I spoke with a broker yesterday who charges 15% on a year's rent. Are broker fees unavoidable? I heard craigslist can be a bit of a nightmare.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
I'm going to be looking for a roomie I think. I'm looking to move out of my location, and get somewhere closer to school.

I heard that the connect event is a great way to meet potential roomates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kiki723 wrote:
What is everyone's plan regarding housing? I spoke with a broker yesterday who charges 15% on a year's rent. Are broker fees unavoidable? I heard craigslist can be a bit of a nightmare.

I think avoiding broker's fees is tough, but 15% is way too high in my opinion. A month's rent is pretty standard, but 15% is too much. I'd try Craigslist, and see if something happens. Not sure when you're planning to move in, but I think it's too early to start looking for a July/August move in.

Where are people thinking of living?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7