Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 13:22
Have you guys received NetID key or activated Cmail ?
Current Student
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 8

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 13:45
Yeah I've done both. If you haven't received your NetId yet, you can always ring up IT and get them to message it to your mobile phone. Its instant.
There's not much to look forward to in Cmail at the moment. Moreover, we get our own MSFT exchange accounts once we get there so I dont know how much Cmail is used.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 00:42
redjam17 wrote:
Yeah I've done both. If you haven't received your NetId yet, you can always ring up IT and get them to message it to your mobile phone. Its instant.
There's not much to look forward to in Cmail at the moment. Moreover, we get our own MSFT exchange accounts once we get there so I dont know how much Cmail is used.

Thanks mate.

Do you guys have any information about the required books? or anything about fall classes? I just know that we'll be taking 3 courses in fall part1 and another 3 in fall part2.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 03:06
Ive been scouring the intranet for information and have found a few interesting things. Whats your concentration? I can suggest the links accordingly.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 03:16
Hey, ill be taking finance concentration and immersion in ib.

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 11:33
Fall 2011 Course Offerings:
http://www2.johnson.cornell.edu/current ... ll2011.cfm

Core Courses:
http://www2.johnson.cornell.edu/current ... /core.html

Course Maps (vary depending on your chosen field):
http://www2.johnson.cornell.edu/current ... emaps.html

Instructor Evaluations:
http://www2.johnson.cornell.edu/current ... chive.html

Not sure if you've seen any of the above links but I guess they are a good place to start.

Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 May 2011, 13:19
Thanks mate for the links, they are indeed helpful.

Fortunately, they have updated information on the new student website. Nice to see finally what will be happening before and during the fall semester :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell(in w/$$) , Darden (ding), Tuck, Georgetown (in)

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 10:00
Does anyone know what the deal is with submitting the final deposit, getting the Kroll check (and what it entails), etc. Thanks!

Apartment search is next... Ugh.

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 19 May 2011, 10:33
Not sure if you've managed to find the answers to your questions but if not, here's what I know:
Kroll - happening mid June. Costs around $150. No idea what it entails. Check the background check thread for more information.
Second Deposit - due June 1st

Manager
Manager
Schools: Tepper (R2) , Johnson (R2) , Ross (R2) , Wharton (R2) , Kellogg (R2)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 05:47
Hello cornell 13s :)

I'm trying to finalize the housing thing and would appreciate it if somebody can help out with some info
- How much on average should I expect to pay for utilities? internet? (assuming they're not included in the rent of course :) )
- Is walking or cycling a viable option in Ithaca with all the horror stories about almost year-round snow dunes?

Oh yeah...i'm an international!

Thank you for the Kudos :)

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 57

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 06:32
MatGMAT7 wrote:
Hello cornell 13s :)

I'm trying to finalize the housing thing and would appreciate it if somebody can help out with some info
- How much on average should I expect to pay for utilities? internet? (assuming they're not included in the rent of course :) )
- Is walking or cycling a viable option in Ithaca with all the horror stories about almost year-round snow dunes?

Oh yeah...i'm an international!

- Utilities will depend on your living arrangement. I have a 3 bedroom house and the utilities are on average $250/mo. This will be higher in the winter and lower in the spring/summer. If you have your own apt I'd guess ~$100 per month, and if you're sharing an apt, a bit less than that. Any place you're looking at will be able to tell you what to expect.

- Walking or cycling is definitely viable for much of the year, but it depends where you live. On the west side of campus (I think that's Collegetown?) it's quite close but depending on where you are it can be verrrrrry hilly. I would think that walk/cycle would suck every day. I think the majority of Johnson students live in Collegetown. On the northeast side of campus there's Cornell Heights and North Campus, which is close to all the frat and sorority houses but seemed like it would be an easier trek. Note that your Cornell student card gives you free access (in your first year) to the TCAT, the public transit system in Ithaca, which seems to be very good for a town its size. So on the days that you can't cycle or walk you can always take the TCAT. Also, I understand that some apartment complexes have a shuttle that takes you to Cornell in the morning.

You should do some reading: http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/New-Stud ... hoods.aspx
http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Portals/ ... _final.pdf
http://dos.cornell.edu/dos/ocho/

Manager
Manager
Schools: Tepper (R2) , Johnson (R2) , Ross (R2) , Wharton (R2) , Kellogg (R2)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 07:06
Thanks for the info, Brainhurt...
I did look at Johnson/Cornell/Ithaca resources but I find insider's insights very useful :)

Thank you for the Kudos :)

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 12:30
I got my Kroll email today.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell (R3-Admitted);
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2011, 22:10
brainhurt wrote:

I got an admit on friday afternoon and have begun running around getting things done. Could you throw some light on Kroll for Johnson?

I don't have a Ning login or CMail yet (hope to get them done early this week), but is there a common forum or group where new admits collaborate to get to know each other and talk about stuff like housing etc. I put up a request for the facebook and google groups I could find and am waiting to join in and get to know everyone.
Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 13:12
Anyone else get the Kroll e-mail? I haven't gotten anything.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2011, 12:29
moiuday wrote:
brainhurt wrote:

I got an admit on friday afternoon and have begun running around getting things done. Could you throw some light on Kroll for Johnson?

I don't have a Ning login or CMail yet (hope to get them done early this week), but is there a common forum or group where new admits collaborate to get to know each other and talk about stuff like housing etc. I put up a request for the facebook and google groups I could find and am waiting to join in and get to know everyone.

Niiiiiice, congrats!! Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been online lately. I'm sure this is too late, but Kroll was easy. Having been self-employed I'm probably on the more complicated side of the Kroll process, but even that was fine. Was contacted promptly by Kroll for certain documentation, and they have been easy to deal with.

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2011, 12:34
For those not yet on Ning, I've organized a pre-orientation meetup for anyone who will be in Ithaca by next Thursday, Aug 4th. Chapter House @ 7:00 pm, be there or be square. I especially encourage members of the fairer sex to attend, it looks like a big sausage party so far!

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2011, 12:34