Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 15:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 57

Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 11:28
Thought I'd start a thread for all potential future Ithaca-ites. :-D

Got an email today saying that I've been awarded a scholarship ($) :shock:

For reference, in my view of the world, $$$=full ride, $$=half or greater, $=less than half.

edit: I thought about it some more and decided to go ahead and enroll at Cornell!!!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia(ding), Cornell(IN! - $), Duke(IN! - $), Kellogg(ding), UCLA(WL)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 06:38
Congrats on the scholarship! I got one too! I managed to get a Forte Fellowship! I'm not sure about enrolling yet (still waiting on Duke...), but I'm definitely going to DJ. Do you think you'll be going?
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 07:06
Congrats on the fellowship!

Ya, I'll be at DJ. Might not make it up for the day Friday...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 07:38
I saw on the applicant thread that people were discussing receiving "ning logins"...I was a round 1 admit, and got the binder a couple days after the call, but I have no clue what this is or where to find mine. Is this similar to an admit Google group or distribution list?

I too will be in ithaca for the welcome week...hopefully it warms up some by then (yesterday it was low 80s here, decided to check the weather and it was snowing in ithaca...guess I need to get used to it anyway).

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell - Johnson, Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 10:59
Hi all.. Congrats on your admits.. @Brainhurt, Thanks for starting this thread.

@GoPanthers, you should have received an email from Alex Green inviting you to join Johnson new students. This is more like a personalized social network for Cornell... at this point of time, the group is inactive though.. hoping that it gets interesting going forward :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, Columbia, Duke (w/$), Cornell (w/$$), Booth PT

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 17:45
Hey everyone, I was admitted in round two and am looking forward to getting drunk with you all at DJ weekend. Anyone here from Chicago?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 17:59
hey guys
R3 admit here from India. Though I wont be able to come for DJ, I am all set for Johnson this year.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 06:19
BschoolBound wrote:
Hey everyone, I was admitted in round two and am looking forward to getting drunk with you all at DJ weekend. Anyone here from Chicago?

Ummm, I thought Cornell was a dry school. I'm going to have to rethink this whole thing. Such immoral behavior makes me very uncomfortable.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell - Johnson, Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 06:21
Hi all,
One of our fellow admits has started a googlegroups for all of us admitted to Cornell Johnson... Please do join -
http://groups.google.com/group/Johnson_MBA2011?hl=en
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 08:03
(BTW, I was just kidding. We are gonna get Sheened at DJ weekend.)

Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, Columbia, Duke (w/$), Cornell (w/$$), Booth PT

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 16:04
haha exactly brainhurt. time to pretend we're in college again. with tiger blood of course.
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Big 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2011, 23:08
Hi, thanks Brainhurt for starting this thread. I'm from R3. Cannot wait to meet you all this fall. Unfortunately, i cannot attend DJ TT_TT. Hope you guys have fun!! Congratulations to everyone again.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tepper (R2) , Johnson (R2) , Ross (R2) , Wharton (R2) , Kellogg (R2)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 00:16
Congrats to fellow admits :)
I just received my binder yesterday...no ning username and password though...
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be at DJ...so have fun for me there!

Thank you for the Kudos :)

Manager
Manager
Schools: IE Business School, Manchester Business School, HEC Paris, Rotterdam School of Management, Babson College
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 02:28
Unfortunately, im not part of this group yet, but Cornell is my first choice for mba school, plan to apply for the fall of 2012, any help/ recommendation/advise. It is my first choice and i would attend cornell irrespective wherever else i get in. I am in the process of giving the gmat so lets see based on that
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Big 4

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 02:53
scbguy wrote:
Unfortunately, im not part of this group yet, but Cornell is my first choice for mba school, plan to apply for the fall of 2012, any help/ recommendation/advise. It is my first choice and i would attend cornell irrespective wherever else i get in. I am in the process of giving the gmat so lets see based on that

I wish you luck. Start early is better. Try to get good score (around mean) asap so you will relieve, then spend a significant amount of your time on the rest of your application, especially essays!! Try to be yourself, make it clear and make the essays stand out from the pool. Better chance if you apply in R1 or R2 (in case you're ready!!). Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Schools: IE Business School, Manchester Business School, HEC Paris, Rotterdam School of Management, Babson College

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 03:01
Hi 5 pm, thank you soo much for your response, i know all you are very busy and celebrating, thanks for the time you have taken out for me. Could you please advise what is the ideal score for a sure shot admission, and what place do alumni recommendations have for cornell ?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GPA: 3.59
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 62

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2011, 08:42
scbguy wrote:
Hi 5 pm, thank you soo much for your response, i know all you are very busy and celebrating, thanks for the time you have taken out for me. Could you please advise what is the ideal score for a sure shot admission, and what place do alumni recommendations have for cornell ?

scbguy: There is no such thing as an ideal score. When most adcoms say that they look at the overall package, they aren't kidding. Ingrain this into your thought process now so you dont fall into the trap of believing that a 750+ gmat is the end of the road. Having said that ideally you should aim for a 700 or more in order to have a realistic shot at the top schools (or 740+ in case you fall into the Indian, IT background pool) and then start focusing on your essays and other parts of the application.

If you like it, Kudos please!
My Profile: 2011-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-93850-140.html#p892848

Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 22:39
Hi guys,

Can anyone throw some light on background check? I have not received any information on what company to use and when to perform that.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 12:47
whats a background check ? and how will they do it for international students ?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell
WE 1: Software Engineer (4 yrs at matriculation)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 21:26
I just got the call tonight. I want to try to make it to DJ. Does anyone have the schedule? Do I need to register?
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2013   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2011, 21:26