Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 18:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GPA: 3.23
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 10:24
Thanks guys!

on another note...Way to go Johnson!

http://poetsandquants.com/2013/05/01/gr ... y-efforts/
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 16:41
I didn't want to join this until I got in, but I put down my deposit today. Anybody have more info on housing? I don't know if I need a car at Johnson. Been looking at places to live.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, can anybody find class profiles with the average age of students? I want to see where I fit on that timeline. Thanks. Happy to be class of '15.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 16:57
keynescoase wrote:
I didn't want to join this until I got in, but I put down my deposit today. Anybody have more info on housing? I don't know if I need a car at Johnson. Been looking at places to live.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, can anybody find class profiles with the average age of students? I want to see where I fit on that timeline. Thanks. Happy to be class of '15.

Congrats on joining the party!

I want to say the average age at Johnson is around 27. The last time I was on campus I was talking to a 29 year old FY, and he referred to himself as "older". To give you another data-point, I'll be turning 28 in Sept.

I'm assuming if you are in your mid 20s - early 30s you wont need to worry about fitting in with the class age-wise.

With a car, it's possible to live without one... But I'd rather have one. If you don't have a car, it seems like a bicycle would be a good investment.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 17:02
Thanks for the welcome! Sounds good I wasn't able to find any data on ages, average or otherwise. I'll be 24 by orientation. Should probably join ning as well, as I checked out the DJ housing options and really liked the Collegetown Terrace (minus the noise issues) for closeness and price. Anybody who wants to try for a 2 or 3bd apartment there, let me know.
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GPA: 3.23
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 18:03
I am going to be an old man during classes...I turn 29 in a few weeks...Guarantee i act more immature than you guys :P
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 11:48
psumarkopolo wrote:
I am going to be an old man during classes...I turn 29 in a few weeks...Guarantee i act more immature than you guys :P

I'll be 29 over the summer! I really don't want to be called old man though :(
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 08:14
I hope everyone in DC, NYC, Boston, and London is heading to their receptions tonight, can't wait to meet some more future classmates!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE: Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 10:05
i paid my deposit and will be joining the rest of you guys officially.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 11:09
Hello guys. I have a couple of questions about employment verification by Re Vera Services.

Do we need to provide all the HR contact information to Re Vera or they will find them on public website??

This is for people who are from non-English speaking countries. The people of a small company I worked for do not speak English. Does anyone know whether Re Vera going to call or email to verify employment history? If they call, how do Re Vera deal with language barriers? They have different people (who speak the language) in charge of each different country? I am worried if they call my company and the HR dont speak much English...

Thank you in advance for your answer. Enjoy your summer.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 11:33
kiddy wrote:
Hello guys. I have a couple of questions about employment verification by Re Vera Services.

Do we need to provide all the HR contact information to Re Vera or they will find them on public website??

This is for people who are from non-English speaking countries. The people of a small company I worked for do not speak English. Does anyone know whether Re Vera going to call or email to verify employment history? If they call, how do Re Vera deal with language barriers? They have different people (who speak the language) in charge of each different country? I am worried if they call my company and the HR dont speak much English...

Thank you in advance for your answer. Enjoy your summer.

If they need help they'll be in contact

ReVera Email wrote:
If we need any further information in order to proceed with your verification, we will be in touch via email.

I'm sure they've interacted with non-english speaking companies before, don't worry
Intern
Intern
Status: "Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the f**k you were gonna do anyway." - Quite a status, Huh!
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GRE 1: 318 Q167 V151
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 00:22
Hi..

I wanted to know about the Financial Aid in Johnson. I'm an international aspirant(soon to be applicant)..

But this ~$80k per academic year, is a little daunting in the first place, that's why m kinda curious about the financial aid/financial loan(for an international applicant) prospects. Can somebody enlighten me?

Thanks.
FF

Life is too short not to be an MBA...

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2013, 00:22