Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 23:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 04:58
RoyHalladay wrote:
Dbalks wrote:
RoyHalladay wrote:
For those going to DJ...are you planning to be there all 3 days? I'm probably going to get there late Friday afternoon and leave Sunday AM so I'll be missing some of the early and later sessions.

Not sure how many days I am going if at all. Was planning on going, but waited too long to book a hotel and now according the expedia or travelocity, all the rooms are booked in Ithaca. Closest place I can find is like 10 miles away. What is going on this weekend besides DJ? We cant take up that manry rooms.

I've been up there 3 times already, might end up passing on a 4th for DJ. Any recommendations on lodging?

I'd be down to spilt a room with someone. Not sure what going on that weekend, but I do know some alum will also be in town for DJ for networking/recruiting. Still doesn't seem like that will hog up all of the Ithaca rooms.

Congrats RoyHalladay!

I'll be there Thurs night through Sunday. Staying at the Rodeway Inn. I wouldn't normally recommend it for Destination anything, but it suffices and I've stayed there twice before. Does this come up as completely booked? Try calling them up.

I would split my room but it'd be mighty early in our relationship to split the budget queen-size bed with my girlfriend and either or both of you.

Got my email setup. Exciting. No background check as yet but I made it interesting for them by leaving my job.
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 04:38
Anyone else think it's awesome that this year is the first for BRadventures?

http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/New-Students/Big-Red-Adventures-Trips.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 05:18
CobraKai wrote:

alright, a tip for any future MBA students. Cut all ties with family members and friends who may get married the spring/summer before b-school.

Another thing I cant make because of a wedding... bleh

The sad thing is, we're planning on heading to costa rica in July...

I wonder how popular these trips will be, seems pretty awesome
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 05:34
I know Kellogg has KWEST and Tuck has a bunch of pre-term programs, so I'm glad Johnson has gotten onboard.

I will say, after my initial excitement wore off, I may not be able to pull one of these trips off since it conflicts with my move/road trip to Ithaca (i.e. moving after the trip sounds like a disaster, moving before a little earlier than I'd like)...not to mention I've already mapped out a bunch of travel this summer because I wasn't anticipating this...

Oh well - looks like I have until April 17 to figure it out!

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 12:23
fyi jconnect is working for me now
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 13:14
I am still looking for accommodation during DJ and if anyone is looking to split,share room, I am up for it. I'll be reaching Ithaca Friday noon and am looking for accommodation 4/12 and 4/13
Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 07:13
CobraKai wrote:

Thought it was pretty cool too.. I probably won't go, which is sad because as I visited schools and saw all of their pre-mba trips I thought to myself, man Cornell is missing this. It would be a great opportunity to meet people before school.

I actually think the Chile trip looks the coolest, but not sure how many other people would go..
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 07:10
Sooo...

How was DJ???
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: Accounting (Education)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 13

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 09:52
This post received
KUDOS
highwyre237 wrote:
Sooo...

How was DJ???

For me, amazing. Exceeded my expectations in terms of feeling welcomed, quality of applicant pool, and fun. Can't wait to get back. I hope others agree.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 19:00
Why is everyone so quiet after DJ?
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 19:08
ygyh wrote:

Good question, I'm actually in Ithaca right now (throwing my own DJ) Great experience! Got my DJ goodie bag from admissions. I would love to hear more about DJ though. Unless the rule is "what happens in DJ stays in DJ"
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 06:02
ygyh wrote:

People are probably still hung over.

Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 20:04
highwyre237 wrote:
ygyh wrote:

Good question, I'm actually in Ithaca right now (throwing my own DJ) Great experience! Got my DJ goodie bag from admissions. I would love to hear more about DJ though. Unless the rule is "what happens in DJ stays in DJ"

I'm curious, what was in this DJ "goodie bag"??
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [1] , given: 21

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 22:00
This post received
KUDOS
ygyh wrote:

DJ was excellent. It nailed just about everything you'd expect in an ASW:

- woo'd us with catered food, drinks, goodies, socials, and student hosts
- kept us busy from start-to-finish
- threw a bangin' party
- gave me a fresh dose of "wow this is really happening and my life for the next 2 years is going to be completely different than the corporate work-life"
- left me with a clear preview of what life might be like at XYZ school (in this case, Johnson), everything from the feeling of return to a classroom lecture setting, to walking to Sage Hall from my apartment of choice, to the vibe you get from future classmates (the current 1st Years)

the decision is clear. GO JOHNSON!
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 13:46
nozama wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
ygyh wrote:

I'm curious, what was in this DJ "goodie bag"??

Nothing too exciting. A couple of water bottles, some folders with DJ info and Johnson info, a spiffy messenger bag, and some other random stuff. I was hoping for a shirt, but no luck, I'll have to order one instead.
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GPA: 3.23

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 18:07
Hey All, I got accepted today, and a little upset I missed DJ. I wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Mark
Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GPA: 3.23

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 18:09
OH yes, and where should I be living? I am a 28 y/o Former Marine Officer who is single who doesn't like parking issues ( i got a parking ticket last week within 20 minutes of being on campus for my interview) but enjoys a few beers for socializing.
Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 18:21
psumarkopolo wrote:
OH yes, and where should I be living? I am a 28 y/o Former Marine Officer who is single who doesn't like parking issues ( i got a parking ticket last week within 20 minutes of being on campus for my interview) but enjoys a few beers for socializing.

Check out the DJ housing guide in the first post here. If you're looking for roommates you'd be better off posting on the FB page or on ning. Welcome to the club, see you at rulloffs for a few beers in August.
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 05:27
psumarkopolo wrote:

Fairview is a solid spot - it's unfurnished (which is a plus for me) and parking is extra. I think there are some folks on Ning/FB who locked down a 2 BR apt and are looking for a roommate.

Collegetown is good too - walking distance to campus, close to bars/restaurants, not sure about parking. Downside I found was a lot of places are furnished in this area which jacks up the rent a bit and using your own furniture doesn't bring the price down.

Current Student

Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015 [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 05:35
CobraKai wrote:
psumarkopolo wrote:

Fairview is a solid spot - it's unfurnished (which is a plus for me) and parking is extra. I think there are some folks on Ning/FB who locked down a 2 BR apt and are looking for a roommate.

Collegetown is good too - walking distance to campus, close to bars/restaurants, not sure about parking. Downside I found was a lot of places are furnished in this area which jacks up the rent a bit and using your own furniture doesn't bring the price down.

Agreed, collegetown (collegetown terrace/casa roma specifically) has some great apartments, but super expensive for the area. If you're looking for a nice place, and price isnt a huge issue, I'd go there. If you want more of a "college" experience, Fairview seems like the place. If you're bringing a family, or enjoy more of a relaxed atmosphere, the cayuga heights area may be better. All of these areas are walkable (under a mile) to sage, and are also on the campus bus route.

I'm thinking about Cayuga Heights, but since the wife's not coming, I may end up at fairview.
Re: Admitted to Cornell Johnson: Class of 2015   [#permalink] 01 May 2013, 05:35