Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 00:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 6

Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2011, 15:57
This post received
KUDOS
Hey current and future Tuckies, let's get this party started!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 07:51
All right ee!!!!!!!!! I’m glad someone finally started a thread dedicated to those who are going spend two amazing years at the Upper Valley – man I just can’t wait to get there!!!!!!!!

I started to do some housing research yesterday, because I want to set foot in Hanover during ASW knowing the names of at least 4 condos (I intend to drive a rented car around those).
Besides Sachem, I liked only one in White River Junction, VT.

Any inputs on housing will be highly appreciated.

Hanover, Hear My Train a Comin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 10:38
I was accepted at Tuck just a few days ago and I'm still super excited!!
Haven't made my final decision yet - I have a few more schools to hear from and need to spend some time thinking everything through but Tuck was definitely a top choice for me from the beginning and still is.
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2011, 21:20
2011hereIgo wrote:
Any inputs on housing will be highly appreciated.

My best suggestion is to strongly consider getting something very close (i.e. walking distance) from school. In your first year especially, you'll be going back and forth from school for classes, recruiting, social events, etc. There have been a few days where I've gone back and forth three times in one day. Of course, you can always pack up everything you think you'll need for the day and make only one trip, but being close is really nice. The closer you are, the more likely you are to actually be on campus where all the action happens.

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross, Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg & Darden
WE 1: Energy (Sales)
WE 2: Energy (Corporate Development)

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 39

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2011, 13:22
This post received
KUDOS
Any one has news about the Financial Aid award package? The only hint Tuck gave is that it should be ready for ASW, but I wonder if anyone has more precise information about dates...
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 06:45
Thanks very much for the input, refurb. I’m moving to Hanover with my fiancé, hence the first condo that came to mind was Sachem. I appreciate if you can shed some light on the best condo options around the school area. Is White River Junction far from Tuck? People told me that Sachem is not at walking distance from Dartmouth. This may sound silly since we can google all this info; however I’d like to know what the overall feeling students have towards the available options is.

What are the existing options that require a 20 min max walk? I thought that Sachem was the closest option to those with significant others.

Hanover, Hear My Train a Comin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 12:45
Nick2010 wrote:
Any one has news about the Financial Aid award package? The only hint Tuck gave is that it should be ready for ASW, but I wonder if anyone has more precise information about dates...

I got my scholarship information with the acceptance letter that I received in the mail last Friday. Is this the financial aid you are talking about or there should be a separate package?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross, Sloan, Chicago, Kellogg & Darden
WE 1: Energy (Sales)
WE 2: Energy (Corporate Development)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 39

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 12:59
eestineiu wrote:
Nick2010 wrote:

I got my scholarship information with the acceptance letter that I received in the mail last Friday. Is this the financial aid you are talking about or there should be a separate package?

Which round were you admitted in? I am talking about the financial aid award containing financing (loan) details. I was wondering if it may contain any new information about scholarships, since I wasn´t awarded any when first admitted (Early Decision).
Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 14:52
Nick2010 wrote:
eestineiu wrote:
Nick2010 wrote:

Which round were you admitted in? I am talking about the financial aid award containing financing (loan) details. I was wondering if it may contain any new information about scholarships, since I wasn´t awarded any when first admitted (Early Decision).

Oh, I see. I am a Round 2 admit.
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 05:30
Joining the party kinda late here, but more than excited to be going to Tuck in a few months' time! Congrats all!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2011, 21:52
Would any of you consider Yale over Tuck? Probably going to Tuck but still deciding ....
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 12:16
2011hereIgo wrote:
Thanks very much for the input, refurb. I’m moving to Hanover with my fiancé, hence the first condo that came to mind was Sachem. I appreciate if you can shed some light on the best condo options around the school area. Is White River Junction far from Tuck? People told me that Sachem is not at walking distance from Dartmouth. This may sound silly since we can google all this info; however I’d like to know what the overall feeling students have towards the available options is.

What are the existing options that require a 20 min max walk? I thought that Sachem was the closest option to those with significant others.

WRJ is a good 10 min drive from Hanover. Sachem is not really walking distance, probably a good 1.5 - 2 miles from Tuck.

There are a number of options within a 20 min walk. Tuck is to the west of Main St and there are 3 multi-unit apartments that I know of, plus a number of one-offs as well. These are all within a 10 min walk. If you look to the east of Main St., there are a number more within a 20 min walk.

To be honest, I wouldn't want to walk any further than 10 min, especially in the winter! Here is the kicker: If your a first year student, you can only park by the med school which is a 10 min walk to Tuck. So if you live far enough that you have to drive, you'll be walking 10 min anyways (or waiting for the shuttle). In your first year you'll be going back and forth from school, so it makes life much easier if you can get back and forth from home in under 20 min.

RF

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 02:10
:-DI started to do some housing research yesterday, because I want to set foot in Hanover during ASW knowing the names of at least 4 condos (I intend to drive a rented car around those).
Current Student
Schools: Tuck - Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 1

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 16:18
Check out Brook Hollow if you see any listed. Its on east wheelock a little past the gym and well within walking distance. Refurb speaks the truth, parking sucks so try to get as close as possible. At this point I have been rotating illegally through the different lots like pretty much everyone else, but it can get expensive with parking tickets. :)

Also, if you are on the fence, COME TO ASW!
Current Student
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GPA: 3.93
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 14:35
Hi Guy's, just got admitted to the class of 2013. Excited doesn't even begin...
Intern
Intern

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 12:21
Congratulations!!! We gonna have a blast! See you in NH.

RHB wrote:
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2011, 21:05
RHB wrote:

Congrats!!! Awesome! Wonderful party we have here!

Hang in there ppl, we are going to meet one another in another 2 months or so! :)
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2278

Kudos [?]: 8803 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2011, 00:05
Expert's post
Guys, I think this is your classmate: http://fashionista.com/2011/08/new-colu ... ss-school/

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 117 [1] , given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2011, 16:01
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
Guys, I think this is your classmate: http://fashionista.com/2011/08/new-colu ... ss-school/

:think:

Hmmm... says she's going to MIT.

What am I missing?

RF

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 688 [1] , given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2011, 16:34
This post received
KUDOS
refurb wrote:
:think:

Hmmm... says she's going to MIT.

What am I missing?

RF

Lol, bb saw the picture with the farm and the lambs/goats (???) and assumed it was Hanover.... :lol: (j/k)

Re: Admitted to Dartmouth (Tuck) Class of 2013 Thread   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2011, 16:34