Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: HSM
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Duke (Fuqua) Class of 2012 Thread! [#permalink]
Added this to the 2011 thread, but thought some folks here might not see it.

https://www.fuquaworld.duke.edu/cmcfiles ... 6-1-10.pdf
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:Fuqua c/o 2012
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Great stuff Highhopes! I only glanced at it, but those stats look very positive.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: HSM
Send PM
mba12tech wrote:
-- If anyone figures out how to get GMail account integration to work, please let me know what you did. I think I have the right ports and everything set up but I'm getting an odd/unexpected server response. --

Not sure if you meant something more in depth by "gmail integration" but I was able to get forwarding to work this morning with my gmail account. Instructions at the link:

https://www.dunk.duke.edu/rkm/viewdoc.js ... elf%20Help

Thanks for the report Highhopes!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
 Q50  V42
Send PM
kidd38s wrote:
mba12tech wrote:
-- If anyone figures out how to get GMail account integration to work, please let me know what you did. I think I have the right ports and everything set up but I'm getting an odd/unexpected server response. --

Not sure if you meant something more in depth by "gmail integration" but I was able to get forwarding to work this morning with my gmail account. Instructions at the link:

https://www.dunk.duke.edu/rkm/viewdoc.js ... elf%20Help

Thanks for the report Highhopes!

By integration I meant two things:
1) Adding the account so that I could read my Duke email directly from Gmail (not forwarding, you actually establish a connection)
2) Adding the account so that I could send email via Gmail but though the Duke servers, so basically being able to send email as my.name@fuqua.duke.edu from my personal email interface

With #1, I got some server error response (I tried port 993 w/ SSL) that I'd have to look into. With #2, I got the integration to work but the send email attempts are blocked by Duke so I would have to look into how to resolve that.

If I resolve those issues I'll let you all know. For now, at least my phone (Droid) works just fine with the Duke Exchange server.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
highhopes wrote:
Added this to the 2011 thread, but thought some folks here might not see it.

https://www.fuquaworld.duke.edu/cmcfiles ... 6-1-10.pdf

hh, this looks great, it's definitely promising. I will post this on the applicants thread?

i just got mine email login as well, I will play around with it to find out more.

UPDATE: somehow I have two address (or 3), an @duke.edu webmail with two alias and an @fuqua.duke.edu owa webmail without any alias. And only the @fuqua.duke.edu address can send/receive. It looks like there will be several networking/career opportunities coming up. Check your webmail and fuquaworld!
Director
Director
Send PM
Yay - I got mine today too...now you guys won't have to listen to my wallowing and self-pity about how I haven't gotten mine anymore.
Current Student
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Anyone have an idea of how long it will take to complete the computer course? Just curious if anyone has started it and has an idea.
Director
Director
Send PM
giddyup wrote:
Anyone have an idea of how long it will take to complete the computer course? Just curious if anyone has started it and has an idea.

I will admit to being lame and having started. It is easy, I'm finding that I'm not really learning much. With that said, I still like to read every single word and quadruple check my work, so it's taking a little bit of time :roll: . I would say if you reserve a weekend day for it, that should be plenty of time (disclaimer, I've only done two, but judging from the titles, I don't think they'll get progressively harder).
Current Student
 Q48  V40
Send PM
highhopes wrote:
giddyup wrote:

I will admit to being lame and having started. It is easy, I'm finding that I'm not really learning much. With that said, I still like to read every single word and quadruple check my work, so it's taking a little bit of time :roll: . I would say if you reserve a weekend day for it, that should be plenty of time (disclaimer, I've only done two, but judging from the titles, I don't think they'll get progressively harder).

Thats what I was thinking reading through it. I am thinking that its to make sure that everyone is on the same page for the Microsoft suite.
Current Student
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Anyone order their business cards and name tag yet? I tried to buy it and at checkout it asks for the recipient and location/mail stop.

I assume that recipient is me, but I don't know what the location/mail stop is. Should we just input the PO Box for the building 90112?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
highhopes wrote:
I thought the course material will become available in July? Also, reading through the course website, it seems that you need Office 2007, when Duke OIT offers Office 2010. Does anyone know if other office version will work?

I was planning on speeding through it, until I read it's for a grade :(
Director
Director
Send PM
asimov wrote:
highhopes wrote:
I thought the course material will become available in July? Also, reading through the course website, it seems that you need Office 2007, when Duke OIT offers Office 2010. Does anyone know if other office version will work?

I was planning on speeding through it, until I read it's for a grade :(

I think you should be fine with 2010 - from what I know, it's pretty similar to 2007, but they've added some good features.

No worries about speeding through - you should still be able to fly through it, they basically give you all the answers/instructions.
Current Student
 Q48  V40
Send PM
giddyup wrote:
Anyone order their business cards and name tag yet? I tried to buy it and at checkout it asks for the recipient and location/mail stop.

I assume that recipient is me, but I don't know what the location/mail stop is. Should we just input the PO Box for the building 90112?

FYI. I heard back from the CMC today on this, here is their response:

------------------------

You should put “Career Management Center” for both fields. Let me know if you have any other questions.
VP
VP
Send PM
giddyup wrote:
I just got done with the course. I'd say it took about 20 hours total to complete the course. You can't just skim through the material and work on the assignments, since the assignments are very detailed.

I thought I was pretty good with Excel, but the course goes through some obscure features like Solver, Goal Seek, Scenario Manager, etc. It was actually pretty useful to see some of the functionalities I didn't know about.
Current Student
 Q48  V40
Send PM
asimov wrote:
giddyup wrote:
I just got done with the course. I'd say it took about 20 hours total to complete the course. You can't just skim through the material and work on the assignments, since the assignments are very detailed.

I thought I was pretty good with Excel, but the course goes through some obscure features like Solver, Goal Seek, Scenario Manager, etc. It was actually pretty useful to see some of the functionalities I didn't know about.

Funny you are responding to this today. I just finished the class too and I agree with all of this.

If you have any questions about the quizzes or assignments I suggest e-mailing Paula the professor. She is very responsive and helped clarify several questions I wasn't sure about.
VP
VP
Send PM
FYI, if you are in the Houston area, there's an "Alumni and Students" event in Houston this Saturday (7/17) from 11 AM to 1 PM. Look in fuquaworld for more detail.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: General Management; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton, Darden, Fuqua, Haas and Ross
 Q41  V45
Send PM
Does anyone know if your DukeCard photo should be in business formal? I only ask because I was at the school yesterday and saw that everyone's pictures for clubs and what not were in full suits but the DukeCard photo I sent in was casual. I only ask because I don't want to be the only Fuqua student in a t-shirt in all the pictures!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7